Predator G3600 Memory banks

Options
ThomasJ
ThomasJ Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
Hello and good evening. 
I have a desktop that i use mostly for some low end games (Football manager, League of Legends etc.)
The bones of said desktop is a Predator G3600 which i have since upgraded with various bits. 

Right now it has the standard i5 2300 cpu, 14Gb of ram (4+4+4+2) a Crucial MX500 250Gb SSD and Various HDDs, a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050Ti.
I have also upgraded the PSU to a Corsair VS550.

My question is: Can i switch to 8Gb memory sticks. I have checked with the Crucial tool and it wrongly states the MB to be restricted to 8Gb total RAM

Ooh and i run Win10 Home 64bit

Grateful for answers

Best Answer

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    No ... in this case, the upper limit is imposed by the chipset and will only be functional with 4 banks of 4Gb each
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• MaClane
    Options
    Good afternoon ThomasJ !

What EXACT model of your computer?

By default, this series supports a maximum of 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• ThomasJ
    Options
    Thanks for the response. As far as i know it is a G3600-U4082u. 

The question is though, can i get 2 8Gb memory sticks instead of using the 4x4?
  • MaClane
    Answer ✓
    Options
    No ... in this case, the upper limit is imposed by the chipset and will only be functional with 4 banks of 4Gb each

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• ThomasJ
    Options
    Thanks alot for the help, and have a great saturday.