Driver update's

Tomgyoung
Tomgyoung Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello I was just going to check in to see if there is a software the acer has that will check for all driver update's I know that I can us geforce to update my video card but I wanted to see if there was a software they have for everything else. 

Best Answer

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @Tomgyoung
    You do not need to keep drivers up to date as they roll in. Of late these driver updates are doing more bad than good. What I can suggest is, update drivers on an as needed basis - as long as they work, do not update. Infact I would recommend even disable windows update from auto updating drivers and BIOS. Even in the case you need to update a driver, skip the latest and go to the version before the latest if the latest is under a couple weeks old.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning Tomgyoung !

Acer Care offers such functions.
    But the databases of any such software do not have constant updates.
    If you really want to keep drivers updated, I suggest you always check directly on the websites of the developers (intel, realtek, nvidia, etc)

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @Tomgyoung
    You do not need to keep drivers up to date as they roll in. Of late these driver updates are doing more bad than good. What I can suggest is, update drivers on an as needed basis - as long as they work, do not update. Infact I would recommend even disable windows update from auto updating drivers and BIOS. Even in the case you need to update a driver, skip the latest and go to the version before the latest if the latest is under a couple weeks old.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045