R13 CB5-312T replacement lcd arrived today hoping verify step 1- open the back 2 - pry screen out

devgub
devgub Member Posts: 10 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
R13 CB5-312T replacement lcd arrived today; now verifying if the procedure is as seen in following Youtube video with the title: (long I know)
Acer Apire R11 _ R3-131 Hinge replacement & Disassembly _ Teardown
It looks right but if anyone knows a proper procedure or where to find it please advise. Thanks much in advance!

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,435 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Remove the back cover & battery. Then follow the instructions below. You likely will break a few --- or maybe a lot of --- plastic catches while  trying to pry the covers apart and screen bezel loose after removing all the screws. Usually inconsequential except for making you feel bad. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>2 bottom ribbon connectors on the old screen got me stumped>>>

Are they covered with sticky tape? If not, they are usually secured with a slider that acts like a wedge to press the contacts on the mainboard and ribbon end. The slider is pushed toward the ribbon to release the ribbon. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    I'm not sure I'm looking at any of the images I posted earlier. Looks like the inverter board on the bottom of the screen lid.
    Have all the cables been disconnected and rearranged from the mainboard bottom as shown in steps 1 thru 6?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The light colored bar at the back of the connector pivots up to release the cable. Reverse the pivot to clamp it back in.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Mainboard bottom connector. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Wait! Hold on! The touch screen grid, the LCD screen itself, the LCD bezel, and the touch sensor are sold as an integrated touchpanel module. It's not supposed to be disassembled!  The ACER part no. is 6M.GHPN7.001. The whole module should include all the cables to connect to the mainboard? It now sounds to me like you got a non-touch screen. What is it's part no. ? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Remove the back cover & battery. Then follow the instructions below. You likely will break a few --- or maybe a lot of --- plastic catches while  trying to pry the covers apart and screen bezel loose after removing all the screws. Usually inconsequential except for making you feel bad. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• devgub
    Well I should have given more details. JackE I really appreciate answering and so quickly. How much for the full repair manual? Or please tell me if you can share the continuation for lcd without any plastic or any part of the frame included.  (The part here is just the lcd/touchscreen itself no frame, nor the lid assembly). Got some of it figured out but the 2 bottom ribbon connectors on the old screen got me stumped. Please help me if you can. Again thank you very much.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>2 bottom ribbon connectors on the old screen got me stumped>>>

Are they covered with sticky tape? If not, they are usually secured with a slider that acts like a wedge to press the contacts on the mainboard and ribbon end. The slider is pushed toward the ribbon to release the ribbon. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• devgub
    im also answering here in case the answer on my phone doesnt make it for some reason. you can see in the photo con6 & con7, yes they had that gold colored transparent tape which came off but still dont get how to disconnect them there is no slider as you can see in the attached photo. they wrap around under somehow; dont want to hurt anything forcing them apart. what needs to go on the new screen? below con6 is that L-shaped ribbon but i think it is fine to leave alone but not certain. (it looks like this because i cut off the black tape which is on the new screen and if i cut away tape from the new screen i could see what is under there but dont really want to do that im sure its not necessary with the right work.)
  • devgub
    (realized can attach pix using google photos) here is a pix of the back of the new screen with connectors (con6 & con7) at the bottom left
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    I'm not sure I'm looking at any of the images I posted earlier. Looks like the inverter board on the bottom of the screen lid.
    Have all the cables been disconnected and rearranged from the mainboard bottom as shown in steps 1 thru 6?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• devgub
    ok looks maybe a mistake to bought this screen a hundred bucks. thanks for your awesome help though. will see if i can not break it. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The light colored bar at the back of the connector pivots up to release the cable. Reverse the pivot to clamp it back in.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • devgub
    thanks for all the help! so here is the sadness. the new screen looks good but in the process whatever has to do with it touch is now not responding. please help! what cable is for touch?
  • devgub
    thanks for all the help! so here is the sadness. the new screen looks good but in the process whatever has to do with it touch is now not responding. please help! what cable is for touch? think it is the cable with super small wires in it and sure hope it is available for replacement. will shop around but anyone know a source?
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Mainboard bottom connector. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• devgub
    Ok that's the connector, can you please share the name of the cable that goes in it?
  • JackE
    Part no. 50.GHPN7.003. It's simply called the ACER touchpad sensor cable. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• devgub
    Sorry but that is different than touchscreen cable. The touchpad is fine. The touchscreen is what is not working. 
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Wait! Hold on! The touch screen grid, the LCD screen itself, the LCD bezel, and the touch sensor are sold as an integrated touchpanel module. It's not supposed to be disassembled!  The ACER part no. is 6M.GHPN7.001. The whole module should include all the cables to connect to the mainboard? It now sounds to me like you got a non-touch screen. What is it's part no. ? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• devgub
    was going to say the photo is above and its without cables as you can see but its not going to change anything. everything looks fine except the touch so going to move on (and live without touch.) thank you all for the help. without your help i woudl still be looking through weird bleed lines on the screen.
  • JackE
    Yes, sorry, I meant to say (and think) earlier touchpanel as opposed to touchpad. Then mistakenly gave you pad cable part no since it was listed separately in parts. Perhaps panel connector  just needs to be re-seated a few times to clean or firm up the connections? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ