Several questions regarding E5-576-392H

Kingrhihorn
Kingrhihorn Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello there I'm new to the Acer community. I just recently ordered  

E5-576-392H from Amazon.  I have several questions regarding this laptop.

The first question is about the display. Can it be upgraded by a local technician, and with what parts/tools? 

Second question what is the maximum ram capacity, and compatibility? 

Third question with the battery can it be swapped out, and changed/upgraded? 

Fourth question can the HDD be swapped easily with a larger drive, and what is the maximum it can hold? 

Fifth question I've seen a YouTube video with a m.2 ssd being installed onto the laptop. What brands are compatible with it?

Are NVMEs doable with E5-576-392H (I'm assuming the same place where the m.2 would be installed) and the full read and write speed could be taken advantage of?

Last 3 questions. Can this laptop be dual booted with linux/Windows? And, how long is the battery life with light to medium usage? The ports on the left side (from the product images) are usb c thumb drives usable with the laptop? 

Best Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    edited September 2019 Answer ✓
    Good evening Kingrhihorn !

Let's go in parts, answering each question:

First:
    You should check with your local Acer for questions and warranty.
    In most countries, some changes violate the warranty.

Second:
    Your device has an i3-8130U processor, correct?
    If so, it uses DDR4.
    I suggest you confirm using CPU-z

Third:
    This model uses internal battery.
    Exchange is only necessary when it has exhausted its useful life.

Fourth:
    There is a possibility to change the HDD.
    However you will lose access to your factory OEM system which is on a hidden partition created by Acer.
    Aerial 2tb HDDs will not be a problem for the controllers.

Fifth:
    I suggest you open your machine and make sure the M.2 slot is present as some motherboard revisions do not have the slot.
    Being present, it has the M.2 2280 format for Sata 3 or PCIe Gen 3x2 SSDs up to 512Gb tested by Acer.

Sixth:
    Being its 8th Gen processor NVMe technology will be supported, but limited to internal lanes.

Last:
    There is nothing to stop dual-booting with Windows and Linux systems.
    The issue of battery life is not an average value.
    It will depend on the use of the device and how it is configured.
    The Type-C USB port is USB 3.1 Gen 1 specification (up to 5 Gbps) and used for data only.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• MaClane
    Answer ✓
    Questions were answered?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• MaClane
    edited September 2019 Answer ✓
    Good evening Kingrhihorn !

Let's go in parts, answering each question:

First:
    You should check with your local Acer for questions and warranty.
    In most countries, some changes violate the warranty.

Second:
    Your device has an i3-8130U processor, correct?
    If so, it uses DDR4.
    I suggest you confirm using CPU-z

Third:
    This model uses internal battery.
    Exchange is only necessary when it has exhausted its useful life.

Fourth:
    There is a possibility to change the HDD.
    However you will lose access to your factory OEM system which is on a hidden partition created by Acer.
    Aerial 2tb HDDs will not be a problem for the controllers.

Fifth:
    I suggest you open your machine and make sure the M.2 slot is present as some motherboard revisions do not have the slot.
    Being present, it has the M.2 2280 format for Sata 3 or PCIe Gen 3x2 SSDs up to 512Gb tested by Acer.

Sixth:
    Being its 8th Gen processor NVMe technology will be supported, but limited to internal lanes.

Last:
    There is nothing to stop dual-booting with Windows and Linux systems.
    The issue of battery life is not an average value.
    It will depend on the use of the device and how it is configured.
    The Type-C USB port is USB 3.1 Gen 1 specification (up to 5 Gbps) and used for data only.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• It would also be interesting if you checked these specifications: https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2018/4876/E5-576/NX.GRYAA.001.html
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Kingrhihorn
    I guess I forgot to mention I haven't received the laptop yet. Just waiting on it to be delivered. I wanted to get these questions out of the way first. 
  • MaClane
    Answer ✓
    Questions were answered?

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Kingrhihorn
    Yes. I'll remember to download some of those programs when I receive the laptop. 
  • MaClane
    Needing help, just post!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™