Predator XB273K fan always on even when monitor is turned off

JG50
JG50 Member Posts: 8 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
Predator XB273K fan is always on even when the monitor is turned off. I can of course stop the fan spinning by activating the Deep Sleep option in the monitor's settings. But this introduces a new problem: the monitor does not always wake up when I turn the computer on. Of course, I'm not sure whether the Deep Sleep causes the wake up problem. It might be a separate problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Answers

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JG50
    Thank you for the link suggesting to enable Deep Sleep (I've seen this advice before); but please note that solution in the link suggests that the fan is supposed to be always on, day and night, even when the monitor is turned off. This cannot be right I feel. Also, the link does not address the issue of the monitor not waking up. Anyone. 
  • OK! I understood. Try disabling quick start mode.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JG50
    To clarify, in my previous post I meant to say that if the only solution to stop the fan always spinning, even when the monitor is turned off, is to enable Deep Sleep, then disabling the Deep Sleep would mean the fan will always spin, day and night. This, I feel, cannot be right.  
  • Yes, I had understood your doubt. That's why I suggest you disable quick start mode.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JG50
    What is the "quick start mode" please? I cannot find it in the monitor's settings. 
  • JG50
    Oh, I did find the "quick start mode". It is off. 
  • Check here my friend:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JG50
    Thank you for the screenshot. My quick start mode is disabled as per the screenshot. Any other ideas? And what about the problem with the monitor not always waking up? Do you think the Deep Sleep may be causing it? 
  • Nixeus & Pixio Shill1 point·4 months ago

Its the fan on the Gsync module it runs really hot and unless you unplug the monitor it will not stop.

The Gsync HDR module needs to cool down for a while after it turns off still otherwise when u turn it back on it would be too hot

It should turn off after about an hour after monitor is off. If not maybe your PC is in a hot location?

Have you tried turning off the gsync function?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JG50
    I've seen this reddit post before as well. That reddit post is a bit confusing: it suggests than the fan never stops, after which it suggests that it should stop after one hour after the monitor is turned off. Also, my fan never stops. Anyway, thanks a lot for trying to help. But please do advice if you find more on this.   
  • I will research more about this. However, it would be interesting to let you know by disabling gsync in the nvidia card configuration menu if fans are still working.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JG50
    I'll disable gsync and report when ready. Thank you for your help. 
  • OK! Post the result here.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer