Aspire F5-573 Crash

berrycake
berrycake Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
SNID: ************* 
I've had my laptop since 2016 and I've had a problem for the past few years since the warranty expired (go figure).
When the laptop is unplugged it will at times randomly crash. Sometimes it'll be fine for hours. Sometimes 5 minutes right after the first. I can't find a single solution on the forums and I have tried multiple things.

I have tried reseting the battery by holding down the power button for 15 seconds and then pressing the reset button on the bottom. Didn't work still crashed.
I can't really calibrate my battery because if I just leave it open it will crash before it mostly discharges and acer doesn't really have any tools to do it automatically.
I checked all the screws on the back in case and they're all tight.
I updated the bios with some of the update packages acer provided for the SNID.

Some of these options worked shortly for a couple days but nothing has solved the problem.
I heard there might be a fail safe in a circuit for discharging that isn't working correctly? But I don't know if that's the case of my battery.

Any help is appreciated.

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Harvey]

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    OK! Your computer turn off suddenly, right? If so, look at this button and put some layers of electrical tape on it:

Black square
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• The screenshot is not showing. Have you tried uninstalling the battery driver and ca adapter driver in device manager?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • berrycake

Tinkerer

Yes I did forget to mention I did uninstall the battery drivers and had windows download the driver automatically, still hasn't worked. After checking in the device manager I do only have the AC adapter under battery. Nothing for the battery itself. Tried looking for a battery driver underneath the product drivers that acer provides but didn't see anything for the battery itself.
  • When you that your notebook fails, did you mean that it shuts down unexpectedly?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• berrycake

Tinkerer

Yes, the computer will be running fine. Then it black screens and has to be hard restarted from bios. Event viewer does show an error but doesn't have any information about it.  Kernal-Power, Event-ID 41, bugcheck codes of 0 only so the OS doesn't know why it is happening just that it is.
  • SalarX
    SalarX Member Posts: 45 Devotee WiFi Icon
    berrycake said:
    Yes I did forget to mention I did uninstall the battery drivers and had windows download the driver automatically, still hasn't worked. After checking in the device manager I do only have the AC adapter under battery. Nothing for the battery itself. Tried looking for a battery driver underneath the product drivers that acer provides but didn't see anything for the battery itself.
    Is the issue similar to this?
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/556296/nitro-np515-51-nitro-5-spin-nvidia-driver-power-sleep-and-screen-issues
    In short, does the laptop screen go black, no input from keyboard works, fans on high speed, only way of recovery is long pressing the power button which shuts down the Laptop?
    If you feel I've helped you, give a Yes to Did this answer the question? 
    If you like my posts or comments, give a Like.
    My laptop is Acer Nitro 5 Spin (NP515-51). 
    I'm from India with love for technology, so message me if you want to discuss or ask a question  :3
  • berrycake

Tinkerer

No, the computer just completely turns off and can be turned back on with a single press. No fan sounds, no lights, just everything clicks off and can be turned back on starting from the bios instead of sleeping.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    OK! Your computer turn off suddenly, right? If so, look at this button and put some layers of electrical tape on it:

Black square

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SalarX
    SalarX Member Posts: 45 Devotee WiFi Icon
    berrycake said:
    No, the computer just completely turns off and can be turned back on with a single press. No fan sounds, no lights, just everything clicks off and can be turned back on starting from the bios instead of sleeping.
    Have you tried removing the battery and using the Laptop directly with Power Supply?
    If you feel I've helped you, give a Yes to Did this answer the question? 
    If you like my posts or comments, give a Like.
    My laptop is Acer Nitro 5 Spin (NP515-51). 
    I'm from India with love for technology, so message me if you want to discuss or ask a question  :3
  • berrycake

Tinkerer

Ok! I'll give this a try when I have a screwdriver available to me and leave it open and see if I have any problems.
  • GLM
    GLM Member Posts: 52 Troubleshooter
    what do you mean Crash? 
  • berrycake

Tinkerer

Also it's only when the computer is on battery power. The AC plugin doesn't ever have any problems at all. I can have the computer run for days on plug in power but when it runs on battery power only is when it will crash at times. If I recall correctly that button is to turn off the computer if the case is opened. If it will do that for both AC power and Battery power then I don't think that would be it. If the computer will still run with the case opened on AC power then I will try that.
  • I do not recommend that you use a screwdriver. This button is a security button and when not properly depressed can cause the notebook to turn off on the battery.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Deejay_tech
    Deejay_tech Member Posts: 356 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    as per acer manual, that button is battery power off.
    My personal Acer m/c's
    1) Gaming: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51
    Config:Core i5 8300H, 16GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1050ti GPU

2) Daily Use: Acer Aspire A315-53  59GR
    Config: Core i5 8250u, 8GB, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, IPS FHD 

3) Linux Learning: Acer Aspire A315-53 P4MY
    Config: Pentium Gold 4417U, 8 GB, 256 SSD, 500GB HDD.
  • berrycake

Tinkerer

I do not recommend that you use a screwdriver. This button is a security button and when not properly depressed can cause the notebook to turn off on the battery.
    I only mean to open the case of course. I have no way of opening it currently.
    GLM said:
    what do you mean Crash? 
    "In computing, a crash, or system crash, occurs when a computer program such as a software application or an operating system stops functioning properly and exits" The computer crashes.

• berrycake

Tinkerer

as per acer manual, that button is battery power off.
    Ok! Thank you. When I get a screwdriver to open the case I'll try the electric tape method.
  • berrycake

Tinkerer

Black square
    Sorry for the delay, but this was the problem i put maybe 4 or so sheets of electric tape and it worked out perfect!

Thank you for bearing with me and my 2 posts on the same problem I was ready to ditch this laptop and drop more cash but now I feel good to keep it.
  • You are welcome my friend.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer