Cannot upgrade GPU for Predator G3620

Oilbrush
Oilbrush Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
Hi. I've read many different forums about this problem and didn't find a solution for it. So here it goes. I bought GeForce 1660 Ti to upgrade my computer to present time but it doesn't work. Can't even go to BIOS when it's installed. I'm running Windows 7 and there is no option to disable secure boot. So what to do? I could by new motherboard and let rats eat the old motherboard, but I would like to salvage my intel i7. However there is not many motherboards that have LGA1155 sockets so with new motherboard I would need to buy new processor aswell. At this point it seems that that is the thing I have to do but before that I decided to as from here.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon Oilbrush !

Starting with the basics:
    Have you checked if your PSU supports the new 1660 power demand load?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Oilbrush
    Hi! The PSU is 500W.
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Tested the GPU on another computer?
    Your computer used which GPU before?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Oilbrush
    edited September 2019
    Haven't done tests with other computers. There isonly one in my house... for now. My G3620 uses AMD Radeon HD 7870. There are many people complaining about this upgrade issue. I know the GPU was getting power supplied because it was warm to touch. Had some red artefacts in the upper section of screen two times.
  • Kolzahn
    Kolzahn Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey man, same problem here, same PC... wanted to upgrade to a GTX1660 Super and all i get is some beeps and a black screen... have you found a solution yet?