How to turn power on without power button? G1-710

2»

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yeah, it looks like you pulled the traces up on two of the pins. It's likely repairable, but would be enough work that a technician that is skilled enough to do the work is going to charge as much or more than a replacement board. If we knew the pinout you could wire a switch in between two vias that connected to the pad and that would let you run, albeit without the power LED shining. If I were to guess, I'd be comfortable guessing the blue and green wires were the power switch and the back and red wires were the power LED (Black ground, red 5V). The switch is just a switch so it shouldn't matter which is which.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,329 Trailblazer
    Can't hurt anything to try at this point. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• samuelB
    samuelB Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Update #2 and the hopefully final update. After a lot of tries, it was the 2 right pins, the blue ones. Connected them and changed the BIOS settings to automatically boot when powered. 

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,329 Trailblazer
    Congrats. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Great. I suggest you accept colleague billsey's answer to put the topic as resolved.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)