Can I charge an Acer Aspire v15 nitro via a usb port?

jennyw
jennyw Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,

I have an acer aspire v15 nitro.  I read that you can charge your laptop via usb if you have a type c usb port.
I think there is one on my laptop, but I don't know which usb port it is or if I can charge that way.
Just trying to come up with a solution when the power goes out, so I can continue working on my laptop after the battery power is gone, ie if I can use a connection from the laptop to a power bank

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good evening jennyw!

No laptop can be charged from any USB port, only through the standard DCin Jack connection.

Some versions of USB Type-C are rechargeable, meaning they can provide power to other devices even with the laptop turned off.
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• TF21045
    TF21045 Member Posts: 138 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    me E5-575G-728J has the C but i dunno what's the use of it..

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning TF21045 !

To keep the forum organized and your questions more visible, please avoid posting to already resolved or inactive topics.
    Always open a new post, as it has been guided by moderators.
    Put an @ in front of my name that will guide you there for any questions.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!