Acer Aspire 3 A314-41-98RQ not detecting m.2 ssd

Ericson055
Ericson055 Member Posts: 9 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
How to fix cannot detect m.2 ssd

Answers

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ericson055
    You can use M.2 22x 80 mm PCIe Gen3 x4, NVMe. This is the one that the Acer chat is me that it is working
  • OK! I have already checked on other topics that Acer chat has given this information to other users. Even if you think your model does not support nvme, make sure ssd is identified in the uefi-bios information section.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ericson055
    OK! I have already checked on other topics that Acer chat has given this information to other users. Even if you think your model does not support nvme, make sure ssd is identified in the uefi-bios information section.
    No my ssd is not identified in the uefi bios setting
  • Ericson055
    Here's the picture of my bios it's not detected
  • As I told you earlier, this model only accepts sata 3, unfortunately. See another example: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/621875#Comment_621875
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ericson055
    As I told you earlier, this model only accepts sata 3, unfortunately. See another example: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/621875#Comment_621875
    Can you show me a Pic of that? 
  • It is a service manual information:

Here, mention ssd nvme:

However, definitely this model does not accept nvme. 

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ericson055
    It is a service manual information:

Here, mention ssd nvme:

However, definitely this model does not accept nvme. 
    But the Acer pH said that ssd is compatible 
  • Is there an option called sata mode in bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ericson055
    Is there an option called sata mode in bios?
    Yup there is option raid and ahci but it is set to ahci
  • Ericson055
    Any update for this sir
  • OK! Enable safe booting on windows and then change the ahci option to rst with optane and make sure ssd is recognized. However, I'm pretty sure your model only accepts sata 3.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ericson055
    OK! Enable safe booting on windows and then change the ahci option to rst with optane and make sure ssd is recognized. However, I'm pretty sure your model only accepts sata 3.
    So can I return it and get another ssd? 
  • If it is still within the exchange period with the seller, you can replace ssd.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• NPComplete
    NPComplete Member Posts: 1 New User
    Any update so far? I have the same model Aspire 3 A314-41-98RQ and it has PCIe NVMe port.
  • The service manual for this model is also controversial, see:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer