Model Name: C738T|Part Number: NX.G55EK.001 dead

gmrray
gmrray Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My chromebook has stopped working. It was working fine, then just stopped. No lights. I tried a reset (Circular arrow button and power button for 10 seconds) but nothing. I have tried power button with and without charger. Any advice on next step?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    Try a full power cycle. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to force the full power off, then turn it on as you normally would.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • gmrray
    Thanks, but no change. Still dead
  • billsey
    If you are still in warranty, now is the time to contact Acer support. If out of warranty are you comfortable opening it up?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • gmrray
    It is out of warranty, so I am willing have a go at opening it.
  • billsey
    OK, Google for videos on how to open it up, you have to be fairly careful to not break the little tabs holding it together. When it's open, disconnect the battery from the motherboard then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to drain off any residual capacitor power. Plug the battery back in, then connect the charger and see if it'll charge fully, then turn it on to make sure it's working again before snapping the cover back in place.
  • gmrray
    Appologies for the delay in answering but I was away. This has not made any difference. No lights and no life, but the battery did get warm when plugged in
  • billsey
    Sounds like the battery has gone bad then. :( There are replacements available though, so not all is lost...