Acer NItro 5 (AN 515 - 42 )hardware defect . Facing lots of issues .

MNK1997
MNK1997 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi . This is  my first post here. I purchased Acer Nitro 5 in February 2019 and was very optimistic regarding that. However I am far from satisified. My device performed poorly on most benchmarks. DIsk usage remains close to 90-100% even when idle. Graphic performance has not been good for all games. I faced some problems regarding screen side hinges but they were fixed in one visit. However today a black shadow appeared on left part of my screen after I resumed my work . Out of nowhere this happened. 

I am really worried that I was sent a defective piece and now I dont have any recourse. Though I still have my warranty. But I am worried as Acer service is notorious for being bad in my country ( India) and then further laptop issues happen after laptop is sent for repair. I asked people who owned Acer previously and they all had this issue. Problems and defects keep on growing post service. I am worried if I send my laptop then it will become defect laden later. I should have listened to them and stayed away from this brand . And if I get the service it will take a lot of time and previously the person who came to my house for visit simply wrote off my problem as physical damage though he himself fixed the problem there only.  I attached the image of the issue I am facing. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Don't worry so much. Arrange for warranty repair at this link https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/support
    Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MNK1997
    MNK1997 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hey @JackE thanks for  replying. My warranty was declined just today because a part of laptop screen was misplaced. I will enclose an image .(please open full and see circled part ) They said it's "physical damage". How will I manage to screw this specific part without screwing my case or monitor. How can they conveniently excuse it as physical damage?