ACER A717-71G Warranty fraud-problems

filip123
filip123 Member Posts: 10 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello all,

I have problems with  exercising of the warranty  rights  for  the above listed laptop.  After I had brought the laptop in the authorised service on June 6th 2019, they claim that they can not determine how the malfunction of the motherboard appeared. At the same time they are rejecting  warranty without any proof  that I as a customer had caused the laptop to stop working.

After problems with authorised service, I had sent E-mail complaint  to local Acer company  on  Acer.Croatia@acer.com.  Since they had not respond until today, I  had sent the problem to  press@acer.com and  cr@acer.com  and did not got any reply to day, even from Acer Group. 

My questions are following: 

1)  If anyone could give me an advice what should I do and how, to get any kind of support from Acer company regarding my problem with warranty?
2) I think that it is unherad of that authorised service could reject warranty without any explanation /proof.  I have complete correspodention with service and I can use it as a proof if it would be necessary to have written evidence where authorised service claims :  "we can not determine how the malfunction occured".  But based on this statement they had rejected  warranty.

I hope that someone could give me a clue what should I do next?

Acer Aspire a 717-71G is a premium product and I think that if authorised sellers and service are not capable of giving appropriate service,  Acer as a company should at least give some support. Even reply to an E-mail they offered online.  Otherwise, one could think that buyers can not  not get support in exercising their rights claimed by warranty after they had paid for a "premium" product.

I would appreciate any kind of help regarding this matter.

Answers

• Deejay_tech
    Deejay_tech Member Posts: 356 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Here Private Message to AcerManny. he / she is a good human being, will surely help you in your warranty problems.
    My personal Acer m/c's
    1) Gaming: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51
    Config:Core i5 8300H, 16GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1050ti GPU

2) Daily Use: Acer Aspire A315-53  59GR
    Config: Core i5 8250u, 8GB, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, IPS FHD 

3) Linux Learning: Acer Aspire A315-53 P4MY
    Config: Pentium Gold 4417U, 8 GB, 256 SSD, 500GB HDD.
  • filip123
    filip123 Member Posts: 10 New User
    @Deejay_tech ,  thank you very much for the advice. I have sent the message today and I will see  what will happen. 
    If anyone has any other advice regarding this matter, I would be very grateful.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hello filip123,

I am very sorry to hear this, thanks for the PM information, I will forward the information to the correct department for follow up. Unfortunately, the Acer community is not designed as a direct support channel and we don't have access to case status or orders information. Please check my reply for more details.

Note: this thread will be now closed. 

Acer-Manny
This discussion has been closed.