Can the Predator G3 AG3-605-UC51 boot from a SSD 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 2 TB drive?

Panda87
Panda87 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
I recently upgraded my Acer Desktop Computer Predator G3 AG3-605-UC51 Intel Core i7 4th Gen 4790 (3.6 GHz) 32 GB DDR3 2 TB HDD 128 GB SSD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4 GB with a new power supply and a RTX 2080 Ti. It is incredible, but now I want to see if I can’t get the last component upgraded, the boot drive. I am doubtful the motherboard can even support any M.2 drive let alone perform at the 3500MB/s Seq. Reads and 3300MB/s Seq. Writes.

Any ideas? I feel like it’s a long shot but this PC would be a beast if this can work. 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    There are two slots on the motherboard, but they don't look like M.2 slots, perhaps miniPCIe? Anyway, without an M.2 slot booting from nVME just isn't going to happen easily. You can easily switch the boot to an SSD, but you'll be limited to SATA3 speeds. You are likely going to want to upgrade even farther by replacing the motherboard with 9th or 10th gen processor as the next big step.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.