Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer E5-575 LCD Screen Compatibility

ZebiiZebii Posts: 4Member New User
Hi,

I have an Acer Aspire E5-575-5476, with the following specifications:

Model Number: N16Q2 
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @2.50GHz 2.70GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 8.00GB (7.87GB usable)
System Type and OS: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, Windows 10

My screen is basically dead and I can't see half of the visual. I am looking to replace the screen (HD 1366x768 15.6") but cannot find an affordable seller that ships to Canada. I found one but they only ship to USA.

However there are many sellers shipping a FHD 1920x1080 15.6" screen. So, I was wondering if it would be compatible with my laptop? I know some of these screens require a 40 pin LCD connector, but would I also need to check if the pin connector is compatible to my Laptop's motherboard?

I appreciate all the help.

Thank you, 
Zebii

Best Answer

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 12,115 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    Main specifications you need to look for is the connector pins, you have to look for 30 pins and the position of the connector(whether it's bottom right or left), brightness level and contrast ratio, whether the panel is TN or IPS etc.
    You have compared all TN panels, I think IPS panels have better viewing angle, so I would suggest you to go for a B156HAN01.2 or NV156FHM-N42, these two panels are good in my opinion but if they are not available in your area, try to get LG panel or something similar with same specs.
    Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.

FAQ & Answers

• Hi,
    Yes, you can install a FHD IPS panel in your model, you need to find out the actual model name of your current panel, you can use HWiNFO 64 free program, download it and run, expand Monitor and post the model name.
    Please read this thread for more information:https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/478790/aspire-e5-575g-screen-upgrade/p1
    When buying panels, get it from reputable retailers because some of them may try to send you a compatible cheaper different brand panel, ask for a confirmation that you will get exact model and not a compatible panel.
    Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
  • ZebiiZebii Posts: 4Member New User
    Hey,

Thank you for your reply! Please see the model name and make below:

Monitor Name :                   BOE [Unknown Model: BOE0672]
    Monitor Name (Manuf.):      BOE CQ      NT156WHM-N32

What do you recommend? Is there a website where I can check for compatible monitor numbers?

Thanks again!
    Zebii

UPDATE

So, as per your second thread, I looked on the website: 
    http://www.panelook.com/modelcompare.php?ids=30142,27723,27048,37028,41050,34218,41052&del_id=34218

I was comparing multiple FHD screens with my current model HD, and it seems that many are similar. However, I would like to know what are the 'decisive factors' or what specifications MUST be met to ensure compatibility? I want to order the correct one the first time, and would appreciate your help!

Zebii

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 12,115ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    Main specifications you need to look for is the connector pins, you have to look for 30 pins and the position of the connector(whether it's bottom right or left), brightness level and contrast ratio, whether the panel is TN or IPS etc.
    You have compared all TN panels, I think IPS panels have better viewing angle, so I would suggest you to go for a B156HAN01.2 or NV156FHM-N42, these two panels are good in my opinion but if they are not available in your area, try to get LG panel or something similar with same specs.
    That is perfect! Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it! I will also update you soon once I am able to replace the screen! 

Zebii
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 12,115ACE Trailblazer
    Zebii said:
    That is perfect! Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it! I will also update you soon once I am able to replace the screen! 

Zebii
    You are welcome  :)