Acer Predator Helios 300 battery not working

JERKje
JERKje Member Posts: 4 New User
I encountered this problem recently, after I left my laptop switched off for 2 days, as I had no use for it, next time I switched it on, I was connected to AC supply but I noticed that the battery was stuck at 69% and was showing plugged in that's it, I tried removing the charger and it immediately shut down, the battery LED is constantly blinking and I have tried resetting the battery, deleting the drivers then doing a cold boot so windows reinstalls them, I have generated the battery report and it shows that battery was changed when I switched it on after 2 days, which isn't true and since then battery is stuck on 69%.
I have no clue what to do, any help would be awesome!
Thanks!

Answers

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi JERKje

Try to perform a simple power reset and check the issue. Shutdoew the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop.

Please open device manager click “Battery” and under Battery, please click “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery”. Now, do a right click on it, then click “Uninstall”. Confirm that you would like to uninstall the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery. After the uninstallation process, please restart your computer. As soon as you restart your computer, the Windows will automatically install the driver again. Please check your battery icon on the right bottom side of your Windows screen to see if it is charging.
    Also, check all the screws of the bottom case are secured correctly.
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • JERKje
    JERKje Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hey!

I have actually tried both the methods, and it still shows plugged in while the battery stays at 69%, and the laptop shuts down as soon as I remove the charger, as I said, the battery status shows that the battery was changed but no such thing happened, since then this problem has started.

Thanks for the help anyway.
    Cheers!
  • TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi JERKje
    If your Still Facing same problem, i Suggest you contact Acer Support, If Its Under Warranty:-  http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/ 
    And for new Battery you can visit :- https://store.acer.com/index.html
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • rkpredator
    rkpredator Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi 

while I'm using a laptop, suddenly my laptop stopped charging luckily my battery was full I tried to fix the problem before my battery dies but I failed to fix it, can anyone help me how to fix it?
  • rkpredator
    rkpredator Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi 

while I'm using a laptop, suddenly my laptop stopped charging luckily my battery was full I tried to fix the problem before my battery dies I tried all the process as mentioned in comments and youtube but I failed to fix it, can anyone help me how to fix it? 
    Thanks 
  • @rkpredator Ideally, you should create a new topic and add me by placing an @. Can you also check if your model has this button?
    Acer a515-41g-1480 no liga boto power  Acer Community
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Sathishu001
    Sathishu001 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Any update on this thread guys?I am facing the same issue where battery is at 53% and it says plugged in....please help anyone!
  • Any update on this thread guys?I am facing the same issue where battery is at 53% and it says plugged in....please help anyone!
    Have you checked battery wear?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Sathishu001,

# Try to update the battery driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option battery.
    4. Under the title battery.
    Update Battery Drivers in Windows EASILY - Driver Easy
    5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title battery.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​