Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Predator Helios 300 battery not working

JERKjeJERKje Posts: 4Member New User
I encountered this problem recently, after I left my laptop switched off for 2 days, as I had no use for it, next time I switched it on, I was connected to AC supply but I noticed that the battery was stuck at 69% and was showing plugged in that's it, I tried removing the charger and it immediately shut down, the battery LED is constantly blinking and I have tried resetting the battery, deleting the drivers then doing a cold boot so windows reinstalls them, I have generated the battery report and it shows that battery was changed when I switched it on after 2 days, which isn't true and since then battery is stuck on 69%.
I have no clue what to do, any help would be awesome!
Thanks!

Best Answer

FAQ & Answers

• TECH_MANTECH_MAN Posts: 329Member Seasoned Practitioner
    Hi JERKje

Try to perform a simple power reset and check the issue. Shutdoew the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop.

Please open device manager click “Battery” and under Battery, please click “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery”. Now, do a right click on it, then click “Uninstall”. Confirm that you would like to uninstall the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery. After the uninstallation process, please restart your computer. As soon as you restart your computer, the Windows will automatically install the driver again. Please check your battery icon on the right bottom side of your Windows screen to see if it is charging.
    Also, check all the screws of the bottom case are secured correctly.
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • JERKjeJERKje Posts: 4Member New User
    Hey!

I have actually tried both the methods, and it still shows plugged in while the battery stays at 69%, and the laptop shuts down as soon as I remove the charger, as I said, the battery status shows that the battery was changed but no such thing happened, since then this problem has started.

Thanks for the help anyway.
    Cheers!
  • TECH_MANTECH_MAN Posts: 329Member Seasoned Practitioner
    Accepted Answer
    Hi JERKje
    If your Still Facing same problem, i Suggest you contact Acer Support, If Its Under Warranty:-  http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/ 
    And for new Battery you can visit :- https://store.acer.com/index.html
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!