Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Confused aspire 3 A315-53G-5968

Raam253Raam253 Posts: 5Member

Tinkerer

I brought Acer aspire 3 A315-53G-5968. I want to add m.2 SSD to it. Which type of m2 SSD can I add and how it looks like ? An image of it will help a lot ! And also what is the maximum size ? I am trying to buy a 250 GB SSD. Is it ok ?

Best Answers

• TECH_MANTECH_MAN Posts: 416
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Raam253

There Are Multiple brand available for m2 SSD, however im updating Kingston SDD Image, You can choose which ever Bard you like. (Kingston is one the Best Brand) 

Image result for 256gb ssd m2 kingston

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • JackEJackE Posts: 17,405 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Yes, it is OK to add a 250GB SATA m.2 SATA card. It will look like the top card shown below. It will fit in the m.2 slot on the mainboard near the HDMI port Jack E/NJ

• JackEJackE Posts: 17,405 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Your model was tested with up to 256GB SATA m.2. It may accept higher but not guaranteed. Jack E/NJ

FAQ & Answers

• TECH_MANTECH_MAN Posts: 416Ally
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Raam253

There Are Multiple brand available for m2 SSD, however im updating Kingston SDD Image, You can choose which ever Bard you like. (Kingston is one the Best Brand) 

Image result for 256gb ssd m2 kingston

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • JackEJackE Posts: 17,405ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Yes, it is OK to add a 250GB SATA m.2 SATA card. It will look like the top card shown below. It will fit in the m.2 slot on the mainboard near the HDMI port Jack E/NJ

• Raam253Raam253 Posts: 5Member

Tinkerer

edited September 13
    Does my model support 250 GB SSD ? Model is Acer aspire 3 A315-53G-5968. What is the maximum size of SSD I can add to it ?
    Accepted Answer
    Your model was tested with up to 256GB SATA m.2. It may accept higher but not guaranteed. Jack E/NJ

Tinkerer

Thankyou JackE

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    I have installed 250 GB SSD m.2 drive successfully. But, old HDD is not showing up in This Pc tab and device manager tab. But I can see it is detected in bios but not showing up in the this pc tab and device manager tab. The old HDD is fine. It's working. When ever i try to load windows from it, it is starting. But in this case, the new SSD is not showing up . The same thing  is happening when I start with SSD as well. Not only this pc tab but also in disk management and Device manager as well. What's wrong about it ? And how to solve this problem ? Please help!
    If you boot from the m.2 SSD as the letter C drive, then press WIN+R. Enter 'diskmgmt.msc'.  Then assign letter D to the old HDD. Jack E/NJ

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    If you boot from the m.2 SSD as the letter C drive, then press WIN+R. Enter 'diskmgmt.msc'.  Then assign letter D to the old HDD. Jack E/NJ
    Problem solved after updating the disk drivers in device manager. Thanks a lot !
    Congratulations on your success. Jack E/NJ
  • ZenitramPROZenitramPRO Posts: 23Member New User
    Raam253 said:
    I brought Acer aspire 3 A315-53G-5968. I want to add m.2 SSD to it. Which type of m2 SSD can I add and how it looks like ? An image of it will help a lot ! And also what is the maximum size ? I am trying to buy a 250 GB SSD. Is it ok ?

What M2 SSD did you bought?

Check your mainboard's m.2 socket before you plunk extra money down on a 970 nvme. Some models are equipped with 2 socket keys.  If it also has a B key the 970 won't fit since it only has one card slot to fit the M key.  https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/726635/#Comment_726635   Jack E/NJ

• ZenitramPROZenitramPRO Posts: 23Member New User
    JackE said:

Check your mainboard's m.2 socket before you plunk extra money down on a 970 nvme. Some models are equipped with 2 socket keys.  If it also has a B key the 970 won't fit since it only has one card slot to fit the M key.  https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/726635/#Comment_726635   Jack E/NJ

@JackE,

Ok. BTW, I've seen a 860 nvme installed in someones same model, but i'm not sure if there's anyone already tried the 970 nvme. https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/676664/#Comment_676664

Thanks!