Acer alpha switch 12 amber / orange light. Not starting or shutting down.

asadasif2003
asadasif2003 Member Posts: 8 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, i am having the same issue. Acer alpha switch 12 has orange / amber light on and not shutting down or starting. can someone pls help.

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • asadasif2003
    Answer ✓
    Solved, Now working fine and currently typing on it.

Thanks to different community posts i could figure out that the only solution is battery reset or let the battery go all the way down to 0%. But as there is no battery reset option without opening of device and the battery was taking forever to drain as i let it be for more than 3 days but no effect.

So i took the safer option and took it to the nearest service center and asked them specifically to reset the battery. They did so by taking out the battery connection pin and insert it back in. Then it booted up normally and working fine till now (fingers crossed).

From my experience i can only give one input, if you ever encountered this problem and the USB port is not helping in draining battery then please do not wait for battery to die on its own as it will take forever. As when this problem happened, more than 3 days back, my battery was around 60% and today when  the device was rebooted the battery remaining was more than 50%.

Answers

• What is the exact model? Example sw7-272-m3a0
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • asadasif2003
    Model is SA5 - 271...
  • Are the power and battery lights flashing amber?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• asadasif2003
    The power button has a solid amber light throughout. Not blinking.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• asadasif2003
    Tried charging mobile via usb port but is not charging and also tried connecting a external HDD but that also not working. Used usb c to usb connector and tried both the above options again but did not work either. Maybe i will have to wait it out, any idea how much time will it take to drain the battery on its own?
  • asadasif2003
    Answer ✓
    Solved, Now working fine and currently typing on it.

Thanks to different community posts i could figure out that the only solution is battery reset or let the battery go all the way down to 0%. But as there is no battery reset option without opening of device and the battery was taking forever to drain as i let it be for more than 3 days but no effect.

So i took the safer option and took it to the nearest service center and asked them specifically to reset the battery. They did so by taking out the battery connection pin and insert it back in. Then it booted up normally and working fine till now (fingers crossed).

From my experience i can only give one input, if you ever encountered this problem and the USB port is not helping in draining battery then please do not wait for battery to die on its own as it will take forever. As when this problem happened, more than 3 days back, my battery was around 60% and today when  the device was rebooted the battery remaining was more than 50%.

• Great my friend

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• asadasif2003
    Great my friend
    Thanks for all your help. Really appreciate it.