Where is my Windows 10 access key

Szymek2088
Szymek2088 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
How many times can I use the Windows 10 access key?
and where is the Windows 10 access key?

Best Answer

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Answer ✓
    Hi Szymek2088
    One license one system

a) it may be possible the OEM key is embedded in the system BIOS of the laptop which may register upon a clean installation of eitehr O/S. If you went withthe reload OF THE SAME PRODUCT VERSION as was shipped on your laptop, the registration should occur automatically

b) If you opted for another prodcut version that is an upgrade, if may pick up your key (from BIOS) as part of the upgrade process

c) If you can get the O/S to boot, even in 'safe mode' so you can get to a CMD prompt, you can run CMD as an administrator and enter the command:

wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey

which will display the OEM key so you can keep for your records.

"Hit Accept If Its Helpful"

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Answer ✓
    Hi Szymek2088
    One license one system

a) it may be possible the OEM key is embedded in the system BIOS of the laptop which may register upon a clean installation of eitehr O/S. If you went withthe reload OF THE SAME PRODUCT VERSION as was shipped on your laptop, the registration should occur automatically

b) If you opted for another prodcut version that is an upgrade, if may pick up your key (from BIOS) as part of the upgrade process

c) If you can get the O/S to boot, even in 'safe mode' so you can get to a CMD prompt, you can run CMD as an administrator and enter the command:

wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey

which will display the OEM key so you can keep for your records.

"Hit Accept If Its Helpful"

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning Szymek2088 !

Windows license keys on devices are OEM and are linked to this device only and cannot be used on any other device.

The key is stored in Bios and cannot be removed.
    To identify, simply use some application, such as Produkey:

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!