Acer Swift 3 SF315-41 BIOS

Options
bhavneet
bhavneet Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
The laptop in question (Acer Swift 3, Ryzen 5 model) came preloaded with Linux. I wanted to install Windows as my OS and to do that, i had to disable secure boot in the BIOS and do disable secure boot a password had to be set. Only after disabling secure boot could i install Windows from a bootable USB drive. To keep things safe, i had set my windows password also as the same as the one i had set to disable secure boot so that i never forget the password. The password in question also happens to be a common password for many of my other accounts/devices. The windows install was flawless and has been working since then with all updates happening and all drivers and BIOS being updated from the ones provided by Acer on their website (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/support-product/7487?b=1). Since OS install i never had to access the BIOS but did update BIOS twice because of the latest version being available on the product download page.

Now when my OS had crashed entirely and i had to format the laptop, i couldn't do so because the BIOS (F2 key) would not let me in with the password that i had set.

When i had a word at the service center in Nehru Place, New Delhi , India (011-XXXXXXXXX), they said that it would be on chargeable basis where as why would i want to pay when the laptop is still in warranty and when the issue is possibly due to BIOS update (as read on various forums, along with one of Acer Community: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/544886/swift-3-bios-password-after-upgrade).

Moreover, when i tried to correspond with the team on E-Mail, i have been getting classic text book replies.

Someone kindly assist me in getting my BIOS unlocked because neither my Dell (8th Gen i5) nor my ASUS (RYZEN 5 2nd gen) needed secure boot to be disabled in order to install windows 10, and the way i have been getting replies from Acer support team (email and telephone), i am now getting a feeling that it was a bad decision to buy such a brilliant performing laptop from a company who doesn't give 2 cents about customer support. The latest email snap (5.PNG) shows that.

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Manny]

Answers

• bhavneet
    bhavneet Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Would request the Admin/Mods @Acer-Manny and @Acer-Karp to kindly assist me in getting this resolved at the earliest.

Best Regards
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    Hi bhavneet,

I am very sorry to hear this.

The issue related to this community thread was resolved with a new BIOS version released and was for a different SKU (model). Have you tried your password without including any M or K letters? 

A password is not part of the original factory settings placed on Acer products, for this reason, if a password was created by a user and has to be removed by our Acer service center, they will be a fee associated with this process. Please contact your local Acer support for assistance. 

Note: This thread will be now closed to comply with 
    Acer Community User Agreement (ACUA).

Member Contributions to the Acer Community:
    Any posts that promote or aid in bypassing of security features will not be allowed. This includes posts related to removal or bypass of hard disk, BIOS or TPM passwords. Any posts that promote bypassing software security features such as activation keys or other unlicensed software use.

Sorry for any inconviniances this may cause,
    Acer-Manny

This discussion has been closed.