Touchscreen not working on Swift 5

Options
Maryanne123
Maryanne123 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
The device is only a couple of months old and the touchscreen has suddenly stopped working. I have tried to reset it by going into device manager and then into HID but there is no option for touch screen... Please Help! :) 

Answers

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Options
    HiMaryanne123
    Try to press Fn+F7 if it did not work than Check for touch complaint driver in device manager. Mostly this would be listed as HID devices. Simply uninstall it ( Do not delete the driver software ). Once uninstalled. restart the unit. 

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    It would be interesting if you entered the exact model of the notebook! Example SF514-52TP
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • jmchenigb
    jmchenigb Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    TECH_MAN said:
    HiMaryanne123
    Try to press Fn+F7 if it did not work than Check for touch complaint driver in device manager. Mostly this would be listed as HID devices. Simply uninstall it ( Do not delete the driver software ). Once uninstalled. restart the unit. 

Check for touch complaint driver in device manager.   

don't know which one is the touch complaint driver...
  • jmchenigb
    jmchenigb Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    synaptics HID device???
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @jmchenigbIdeally, you create a new topic by posting the notebook model. Add me by putting an @.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Thanks0a0million
    Thanks0a0million Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    TECH_MAN said:
    HiMaryanne123

Thank you so much worked straight after I tried this 👏👏👏👏, I was so worried thanks for helping me