Acer ATC-780 - BIOS - UEFI/Legacy Setting (USB/CD)

Rob1234
Rob1234 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Hi there,

Is there a way to get the computer to boot from a USB or CD (instead of booting Windows 10 by default) when "OPROMs"/"Boot Filter" in the BIOS settings is set to UEFI mode? When everything is set to UEFI in the BIOS, there doesn't seem to be any way to boot to a USB/CD, so I must set the "OPROMs"/"Boot Filter" to "Legacy" mode to get USB/CD to boot. While setting to Legacy mode let's me start the boot from the USB/CD, the program on my USB/CD stops working once it detects Legacy mode is on and instructs me to reset my bios back to UEFI mode to operate, but then my USB/CD program won't start. I've tried resetting minor items in the BIOS so see if that would let be change my booting options, but it hasn't worked out for me.

So basically, I need to boot from a USB/CD when the BIOS is set to UEFI. Do you have any ideas how I can do this on my computer?

Comments

• Rob1234
    Rob1234 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I've got the Acer ATC-780 computer. 
  • jim2020
    jim2020 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am in the same situation as well. How do I boot from DVD?
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,297 Pathfinder
    @Rob1234 @jim2020
    To boot in usb follow my steps→
    Download Rufus and download window 10 iso 
    After downloading, insert your USB then open rufus→select iso→partition scheme GPT(gpt to boot in UEFI BIOS mode)→then click on ready (ignore other options)

Now, boot in bios then first restore all bios settings to DEFAULT then 
    1)disable secure boot (if option is grey out then you need set supervisor password to enable )
    2)Enable F12 boot menu 
    3)Save and exit 

your system will restart, turn off again then insert your USB→turn on your laptop and keep pressing F12 key you will boot in usb
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566