TravelMate Spin B118-G2-R no sound but Audio drivers are working

Chris_P
Chris_P Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
When the laptop is powered on and I log in there is no sound. If I restart the device the sound will then work. The drivers are current and the test in the properties even shows that sound is coming out. But nothing is. If I log out the next user does not have the same problem, the sound will remain working till the laptop is turned fully off. Once off and then back on the next user will need to restart to get the sound to work. Any ideas, suggestions would be appreciated. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers with the same results. 

Answers

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi Chris_P
    Go to Control Panel and then Sound. Click on the Playback tab and look for a device that has the label “speaker”. Choose it and then click on the Set Default button. 

To run the troubleshooter, select the Start  button, type Troubleshoot, and then select Troubleshoot from the list of results. Select Playing Audio > Run the troubleshooter.

These basically fix common sound and hardware problems on Windows PCs. It’ll save you some time in case it’s something simple.

If the above steps fail you need to check for a restore point when the audio was working fine.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!