Aspire 1 A114-32-P2M9 SD Slot maximum card size

eastavin
eastavin Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
G'day!  Would anyone know the maximum size card and card type I can insert in the slot on the left side of this laptop? 

I checked the user manual and it listed the maximum sizes of various types of cards and the notation said to check my laptop for the type of cards it supports... go figure..  there is nothing written on my laptop.. or the spec sheet.

I also called Acer and spoke with a live agent who told me I could use a 2TB SDXC card.  I then checked with Acer Chat support and they said it would only support a 64 GB SDXC card or a 32GB SDHC card.  Which answer is correct?  or none of them?  

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    No problem, the moderators will move it if appropriate. They only tested the SDXC cards to 64GB, since that's what was available when it was released. It should work fine with any of the SDXC cards though, 128GB or 256GB at least.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    No problem, the moderators will move it if appropriate. They only tested the SDXC cards to 64GB, since that's what was available when it was released. It should work fine with any of the SDXC cards though, 128GB or 256GB at least.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • eastavin
    eastavin Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Thanks for the reply.  Still mystified how a hardware question for a particular model ends up in Windows section?? I got a lot of learning to do :)