Complete failure of 2/3 USB ports on An515-42-r5ed Nitro Laptop running Windows 10

Options
jahick420
jahick420 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
Can someone please provide me with tbe solution to this problem? Ive tried basically everything I've read after google searching the problem...nothing seems to return power in any way to 2/3 of the USB ports on my new Nitro 5 laptop...its hella discouraging tbh...could really use some assistance, Acer Community! 

Answers

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Options
    Hi jahick420

USB port not working" error with Universal Serial BUS controller

1. Right-click on Windows logo > Select Device Manager.
    2. Expand "Universal SerialBUS controllers" > Find the device with a yellow exclamation mark.
    3. Right-click on it and select "Update Driver Software..." > Choose "Search automatically for updated driver software".
    4. If there is no new update, right-click and select Uninstall > OK.
    5. Go to the Action tab in the Device Manager window > Select Scan for hardware changes > Then the USB port will appear.
    After this, reconnect your portable devices to your PC and there your USB or SD card etc devices will show up on your PC now.

*Hit Accept if it's Helpful*

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • jahick420

Tinkerer

Options
    I will give it a try in about 10 minutes after the power reset is complete...but I should say thats one of the solutions I've already attempted to no avail...there's no exclamation point by any of them...its like its acting like theres nothing wrong with the ports, yet you can plug anything into them and it wont register anything whatsoever. 
  • TECH_MAN
    Options
    Hi jahick420
    How long your facing this USB Issue? 
    Please try above steps and let me know. 

*Hit Like if it's Helpful 
  • jahick420

Tinkerer

Options
    over a week...i got to the point where i read to try a power reset...but didnt know about the hole on the bottom you press for 30 seconds then leave it off for 15 minutes...i thought i had to remover the back cover and physically take out the battery...and in the process i believe i voided warranty as well as i ripped the SATA cable from the HDD, subsequently had to order a replacement, was then faced with the NO BOOTABLE DEVICE issue, solved that, now still stuck with thw usb issues... 
  • TECH_MAN
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hi jahick420
    If the above steps doesn't help you, can download driver from Acer website support.acer.com you can try for system restore or system refresh. 

*Hit Like if it's Helpful*
  • jahick420

Tinkerer

Options
    Still no dice @andylb...ive system restored now 3 times, as far back as it would allow me to...and the ports are still dead. What is even stranger is that I almost think whatever happened/is happening is effectively burning out usb cables as well, or whatever device is plugged into the dead port...i feel like i made an enormous mistake by purchasing an Acer tbh...because I now see that numerous people have had the exact issue to the T, and it seems to be unfixable despite being a somewhat commonplace occurrence with Acer and Lenovo.