Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Doubts about updating BIOS on Acer B117MP Travelmate notebook

Hi,

I have some doubts about upgrading BIOS on my Acer B117MP Travelmate series notebook. The BIOS file is a zip file that unzips to ZHX_124.exe. This in turn appears to be again compressed and contains several Windows files like DLLs, EXEs, INF, CAT files etc.

To update BIOS do I just run this single ZHX_124.exe file as Windows executable? The zip file is available from here.

Do I need an active Internet connection to update BIOS or is this offline procedure?

Apparently I did not see any BIOS file as such anywhere in the archive. By BIOS file I mean a binary file that will be actually flashed on to the ROM.

I have done BIOS updates earlier (older models) but a few years ago when the procedure was more of pointing to a binary file on a connected USB pendrive from within the BIOS setup. I am not too sure how this EXE thing works hence my queries. 

Please help. Thanks in advance.

FAQ & Answers

Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online105

andylb
andylb
Deathblade
Deathblade
Deejay_tech
Deejay_tech
Hodir
Hodir
Kotetitaenred
Kotetitaenred
sri369
sri369
+99 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Member Highlight

We would like to feature andylb as a destacated member in the Acer Community. With his dedication and support efforts, andylb has become a Valued Contributor . On behalf of the Acer Community team and all our users, we want to recognize and thank you for your dedication!

Total Posts and Comments: 1034

Total Points:2627

Total Accepted Answers: 127

andylb Valued Contributor
Intel Extreme KAtowise 2019
Predator Join the forum discussions on our
Predator line of products.
Find out about the Acer ACE program.