Scaling issues. Nitro AN515-52

Options
Wilbursaurus
Wilbursaurus Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I'm having an issue with some scaling problems. I have a full HD laptop and prefer the default 125% windows zoom. However I keep gettings things like these random blue lines as shown in some of the photos here in my Facebook conversations. If I go to default 100%, no such problems. It happens on every browser except strangely Firefox. But I prefer Chrome. Is their a fix for this apart from either going back to 100% or using Firefox. Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• Wilbursaurus
    Options
    Acer Nitro AN515-52 by the way.
  • ROBREGGAE
    ROBREGGAE Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Same problem here. 
  • Wilbursaurus
    Options
    It's really annoying. Nothing fixes it. Only thing you can do is scale back to 100%. Which I don't want to do. At least now I know it's not just me.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    Weird, I use 125% and never get that

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Wilbursaurus
    Options
    andylb said:
    Same model ?
    Don't know what it is. But it's definitely due to the scaling because on 100% it's fine. Even if I put windows to 100% yet put the browser to 125% it still happens. It's whenever the scaling is changed.
    If I have Windows set to 125% but put the browser to 75% it goes away and is fine.
    Drivers all updated via Driver Booster.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited September 2019
    Options
    andylb said:
    Same model ?
    Don't know what it is. But it's definitely due to the scaling because on 100% it's fine. Even if I put windows to 100% yet put the browser to 125% it still happens. It's whenever the scaling is changed.
    If I have Windows set to 125% but put the browser to 75% it goes away and is fine.
    Drivers all updated via Driver Booster.

Nah mines the AN515-42. As an aside I would never use Driver booster or any other third party updaters, they have caused no end of problems installing the wrong drivers. Go to the manufacturers website for Graphics Cards and processors updates and use Update driver in Device manager for the rest, takes a little longer but far less problems that way. If you ever have a bad driver use DDU to do a clean uninstall

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• ROBREGGAE
    ROBREGGAE Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I never use driver booster, but problem is. AN515-42 me too. If the facebook page 80%, then good... With DDU uninstall radeon driver.
  • Wilbursaurus
    Options
    Exact same thing. Anything over 80% and it gets random blue lines in the chat everywhere. I've noticed a couple random lines on the odd other site (once in a blue moon) but mainly this in facebook chat. Really quite annoying isn't it ? But it sounds like no fix. Anyone know ?