Acer Aspire T3-715 Motherboard Front IO

Options
Mathiasyde
Mathiasyde Member Posts: 9 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
Hello

I pulled out a MB from an acer pc it says in cpu-z its a Acer Aspire T3-715

I have found the power SW pins through trial and error but I am still missing all the other pins for the front IO pwr led, hdd led, and reset sw..

Can someone in here explain to me what pin belong to where so I dont short anything? there isn't any indicators on the mb..

Answers

• Mathiasyde
    edited September 2019
    Options
    still can not pin what pin represents what..
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    They don't seem to have that documented anywhere we can find. Do you still have the original case? It seems like it'd be easiest to just trace the wires there.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Mathiasyde
    Options
    no i dont :(
  • Mathiasyde
    Options
    bump cant someon please help me
  • billsey
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I don't own a T3-715, so can't trace them for you. You might be able to get the ground pins sorted with a VOM, that would leave the power pins for the LEDs and the reset (if there is one). Once you know which is ground and which is power it should be pretty simple to figure out which LED is which.

And, of course, once yo do get it post here with the results for the next one needing that info!
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Mathiasyde
    Options
    yeah but i dont have a vom :( i thougt this atleast would be the right place to ask
  • billsey
    edited October 2019
    Options
    It is the best place to ask, but unfortunately they don't always document that type of data for us, and it seems no one else has done the tracing for you. Without the case wiring to trace the VOM is your best bet. They really aren't too expensive and can be very useful for this type of diagnostics... If you can purchase from Amazon, here is an inexpensive model.
  • Mathiasyde
    Options
    id just like the manufacture to tell me which is which.. or someone who has the same model (or close), and can pin them out for me
  • billsey
    Options
    Yeah, it would be nice... But realistically it's going to be easier for you to do it yourself than waiting to see if someone else will. Most users who have that model don't care what the pinout is since they are using the original case. If Acer had documented it in the service manual or users manual originally ... all we can do at this point is to suggest it for future models.
  • Mathiasyde
    Options
    or hope some acer produce comes by