Hi, I have a Predator G3-710 with a I7 7700 & a1050. Im after info/advice on new gpu fit.

Options
rumngun
rumngun Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
I'm looking for some help with some information and advice on upgrading my current nvidea 1050 to something like a 1060 6gb or a 1660. As I'm unsure what other gpu's will work and be compatible with the rest of my system (psu for example). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Best Answer

• Latheryin
    Latheryin Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited September 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    rumngun said:
    Thanks JackE, I have since discovered that my psu (450w)will be fine with the cards my budget allows. The biggest problem i seem to be facing with the predator case is the limited space lengthwise it has for a gpu. 
    The upgraded version comes with a 1070 basic model and as long as you dont go too think on the top then you should be able to slide even some of the longer cards in the case. Also if you are really worried about it then you can swap to SSD and remove the removable drive cage which will give you enough room even for a water cooled card.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    Any GPU board with the same form factor should be fine. Your PSU shouldn't be a problem with those nvidias. What other brands are you looking at? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rumngun
    Options
    Thanks JackE, I have since discovered that my psu (450w)will be fine with the cards my budget allows. The biggest problem i seem to be facing with the predator case is the limited space lengthwise it has for a gpu. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    That means you must get card dimensions from the GPU manufacturer before purchase. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Latheryin
    Latheryin Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited September 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    rumngun said:
    The upgraded version comes with a 1070 basic model and as long as you dont go too think on the top then you should be able to slide even some of the longer cards in the case. Also if you are really worried about it then you can swap to SSD and remove the removable drive cage which will give you enough room even for a water cooled card.
  • rumngun
    Options
    THanks for your help everyone, much appreciated