RTX 2080ti Memory Overclocking

Rayansmith
Rayansmith Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 12 in 2019 Archives

Hello everyone,

I tried to find the balance for the GPU yesterday as Control game freezed twice with +207 Core and +800 Memory even though I tried all the benchmarks (Heaven/Valley/S.Position/3DMarks etc.) out there with some different games (The Witcher 3, Hellblade etc.) without any problems. Now, my card is a Non-A EVGA Black and has a 112% power limit and I didn’t increase any voltages.

Instead of decreasing my +207 Core (MSI Curve), decided to decrease memory and see how much it affects the performance. Ran 3D Mark Firestrike with different memory overclocks ranging between 500-800 and the results were confusing.

Even though the Total and Physics Scores fluctuated quite a bit, when I compared the highest of all Graphics Scores with the highest of +500 memory Graphics Scores, found out the difference is merely 0.99%-1.00%. So it seemed to me, so as to make the card more stable and to decrease the temps, I might as well keep the 500 one instead of pushing it.

So I’d like to ask how much does this percentages translate into real world gaming examples? Is it the same minor difference in gaming, or can it be more dramatic than I think? Trying to decide whether I keep 500 or push it under 800.

Thanks,

Comments