Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

HOW TO UPDATE BIOS ON MY LINUX ACER MACHINE??? ANY OFFICIAL SOFTWARE FOR LINUX ....

PRANAVJHAPRANAVJHA Posts: 4Member New User
I HAVE ACER E5-575-580Y  LAPTOP HOW TO UPDATE FIRMWARE ON LINUX MACHINE

Best Answers

• MaClaneMaClane Posts: 11,583 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Good Morning PRANAVJHA !

Acer does not provide support for Linux systems in this series, only for Windows 10.
    For several years now, Bios updates are only available via .EXE files and no longer under FlashBios.

The question is, does your device really need any Bios update?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um "Curtir", marque como "Solucionado" e clique em "Promover"!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a like, flag as "Fixed" and click "Promote"!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

ACE Trailblazer 2014 - 2019                          

• MaClaneMaClane Posts: 11,583 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    PRANAVJHA said:
    there are lot of Linux laptop provide by Acer so it's their responsibility to provide an update...yes I need an update because of its bios is very old

Acer's question of providing a device with whatever operating system does not require Acer to support any system.
    Each user is free to use the system they like best.
    When the user agrees to the license, he is aware of it.
    The issue of updating refers more to knowledge than to Acer itself.
    You can simply update the micro-codes in the shell or use FreeDOS on a bootable flash drive.

PRANAVJHA said:
    tell me which distro you support officailly??

I do not support any operating system or any specific distribution.
    I believe that every system, as well as each distribution has its own functions and characteristics that suit the needs of each user.
    I use a multi-boot system:
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
    Windows 10 Pro
    Kubuntu 19.04 Dingo Disc
    Debian 9 Stretch
    Kali Linux 2019.2
    Parrot Security OS 4.4

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um "Curtir", marque como "Solucionado" e clique em "Promover"!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

FAQ & Answers

• MaClaneMaClane Posts: 11,583ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Good Morning PRANAVJHA !

Acer does not provide support for Linux systems in this series, only for Windows 10.
    For several years now, Bios updates are only available via .EXE files and no longer under FlashBios.

The question is, does your device really need any Bios update?

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• PRANAVJHAPRANAVJHA Posts: 4Member New User
    there are lot of Linux laptop provide by Acer so it's their responsibility to provide an update...yes I need an update because of its bios is very old
  • PRANAVJHAPRANAVJHA Posts: 4Member New User
  • MaClaneMaClane Posts: 11,583ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    PRANAVJHA said:

Acer's question of providing a device with whatever operating system does not require Acer to support any system.
    Each user is free to use the system they like best.
    When the user agrees to the license, he is aware of it.
    The issue of updating refers more to knowledge than to Acer itself.
    You can simply update the micro-codes in the shell or use FreeDOS on a bootable flash drive.

PRANAVJHA said:

I do not support any operating system or any specific distribution.
    I believe that every system, as well as each distribution has its own functions and characteristics that suit the needs of each user.
    I use a multi-boot system:
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
    Windows 10 Pro
    Kubuntu 19.04 Dingo Disc
    Debian 9 Stretch
    Kali Linux 2019.2
    Parrot Security OS 4.4

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™