Some apps on my Chromebook R13 refuses to make contact with my router/network

hvanswoll
hvanswoll Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
With my Acer Chromebook R13 I can reach Gmail. I can read e-mails and download attachments. I can visit Google Play Store and download apps. So I get the impresion that I have contact with my router and with the internet. Bur when I try to make a VPN connection with the Cyberghost app I get an error message saying that there is no working internet connection. And, worse of all, when I try to print with Brother iPrint&Scan I get the same error message. I downloaded the Brother iPrint&Scan app. It did not want to instaal automatically because of the same error message "no internet connection΅, so I had to install it manually with the help of IP-address of the Brother printer.
So something is wrong with my Acer Chromebook. But what? Hopefully a setting? Or do I have to go to the Acer repair department?
Thank you for your help.
hvanswoll, Curaçao

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,475 Trailblazer
    edited August 2019
    Nothing's wrong with your chromebook. You must first set up VPN . Go to this link and follow instructions to setup a l2tp vpn

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• hvanswoll
    @JackE
    Thank you. Hope this will help. I let you know. But the (connection) problems still exist. I.e. I found out that I can print from the Office Word app but not from the Office Excel app.( I have a Office 365 subscription)
  • JackE
    >>>I can print from the Office Word app but not from the Office Excel app.>>>

When you print from Word, what is the exact name of printer doing the print job? When you print from Excel, is the printer name exactly the same? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• hvanswoll
    @JackE
    [a] About the VPN app Cyberghost. Even with the Google-support explanation and your link I am not able to realize a VPN-connection. Besides rhat the Google-support explanation is very unclear. I tried to make a screen shot of the support text. (Ctrl+Shft+Swircher key). Screen shot also impossible. So no luck. I will try to send a mail to the support of Cyberghost because the only reply I get is that Cyberghost is unaible to connect to their server because I I do not have a working internet connection. Which is not true because I de-installed the Cyberghost app and reinstalled it +logged-in to my paid account just minutes before and I still can send Whatsapp messages from my Chromebook and read new e-mail.
    Never a Chromebook again. 
    [b] The print question with the Excel app I can not answer at the mment because I am at a complete different location today.
  • JackE
    >>>Google-support explanation is very unclear. >>>

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• hvanswoll
    @JackE
    Thank you for your cooperation. It looked like the Acer Chromebook had DNS-problems. Especially after a time, when the machine got hot. I am in Curacao and air temperature at this time of the yaer is easy 95 F. The machine is therefore placed on a laptop cooler. But still. I managed to send it back for repair under warranty. Now it is functioning as it should. 
    Sorry that my reaction is so very late. But I travelled to Holland in the meantime and had to move to a new house there. I am back a couple of days now and able to give you this update. Thank you again.
  • JackE
    Thank you for update. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ