TPM not installed on renewed Swift 3 SF315-52-52YN

RiderCurious
RiderCurious Member Posts: 39 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Bios says TPM not installed but i can still manage it (available options: enable, disable and clear).

I assume it has been deactivated during shop visit for some reason. Can someone tell me how i can bring in back into operation to fully functional state?

I know it is possible on HP laptop with powershell and additional software, special command may recall and activate TPM from hidden state.

Thanks in advance for any useful feedback
how do i change an email registered for this account ? or better let me quit this*** site! ****

[ Signature edited to remove inappropriate or personal content]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,476 Trailblazer
    First try setting and saving a supervisor password. Then re-enter the BIOS with the password to see if it's activated. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• RiderCurious
    edited August 2019
    JackE said:
    First try setting and saving a supervisor password. Then re-enter the BIOS with the password to see if it's activated. Jack E/NJ
    ALL DONE. + disabled, cleared and re-enabled. Nothing helps.

how do i change an email registered for this account ? or better let me quit this*** site! ****

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RiderCurious
    Awesome thread, thanks.. really interesting

but without strong knowledge and additional guidance I am afraid there is not much i can do

• RiderCurious
    Awesome thread, thanks..

I am afraid without knowledge and guidance it may be very hard

• RiderCurious
    so could you say is there TPM over SPI bus available on this model? any technical docs with details ?

• JackE
    >>>I assume it has been deactivated during shop visit for some reason.>>>

What did you mean by this? What shop visit? For an ACER shop warranty repair visit? And for what reason? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• RiderCurious
    I bought renewed/used laptop, after shop visit, configuration may change significantly from a default

• I still think tpm is not installed on windows. Look this:

To turn on the TPM (TPM 1.2 with Windows 10, version 1507 or 1511 only)

1. Open the TPM MMC (tpm.msc).

2. In the Action pane, click Turn TPM On to display the Turn on the TPM Security Hardware page. Read the instructions on this page.

3. Click Shutdown (or Restart), and then follow the UEFI screen prompts.

After the computer restarts, but before you sign in to Windows, you will be prompted to accept the reconfiguration of the TPM. This ensures that the user has physical access to the computer and that malicious software is not attempting to make changes to the TPM.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RiderCurious
    edited September 2019
    Dude, I am talking about BIOS, not Windows, is there technical capability on the MB, on SPI bus.. there is an option to activate this feature, but I am not sure it was fully supported

• I know that, but have you ever tried to check if tpm is active on windows device manager?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RiderCurious
    If it is not installed in BIOS settings.. how it can be active on windows device manager?

• Understand. Have you tried restoring the bios by pressing f9 and then f10? Have you also tried resetting the internal battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RiderCurious
    Yes, sure.

• What is the version bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RiderCurious
    Why do you ask? We both know this is non standard question. Is there anything else you can offer instead of battery reset?

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited September 2019
    It would be interesting for you to check the current version of bios to see if a bios update would correct the problem.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RiderCurious
    I am on the latest version 1.08

• JackE
    >>>But without strong knowledge and additional guidance I am afraid there is not much i can do>>>

So other than referring you back to the ACER forums, what guidance if any has the Microsoft forums offered? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ