What type of m.2 ssd can be added to ACER ASPIRE 3 A315-41-R45R

RITVIKSINGH1
RITVIKSINGH1 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
M.2 SSD OR NVME SSD 

WHICH ONE WILL SUPPORT IN ACER ASPIRE 3 (A315-41-R45R)

Answers

• The a315-41 model does not support nvme. See this link, which shows that several users of the Portuguese community tried to install a ssd nvme and failed: https://community.acer.com/pt/discussion/553431/acer-aspire-5-a515-41g-1480-ssd-compatibilidade
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi RITVIKSINGH1,

Below is the list of compatible M.2 SSD, recommended by ACER:-

1. Manufacturer: KINGSTON
        Model Name : RBU-SNS8180S3/128GJ
        Capacity: 128GB
        Bytes per sector: 512
        Interface: SATA
        Fast data transfer rate (Mbits / sec, max): 6.0Gbits/s 
        Media data transfer rate: 540MB/s
        Voltage tolerance: 3.3V ±5%

2. Manufacturer: HYNIX
        Model Name : HFS128G39TND-N210A
        Capacity: 128GB

3. Manufacturer: HYNIX
        Model Name : HFS256G39TND-N210A
        Capacity: 256GB
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • CJFCUK
    CJFCUK Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited August 2019
    I've just bought a Crucial M2 MX500 500gb 2280 SATA drive but cant seem to get it recognised - is there a drive size limit that I should be aware of? I've got an Aspire 3 A315-53 machine
  • Is ssd recognized in the uefi-bios info tab?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • NishantB
    NishantB Member Posts: 1 New User
    Does Wd m.2 ssd sata 2280 will work on acer aspire 3 A315-41-R45R?
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,438 Trailblazer
    NishantB said:
    Does Wd m.2 ssd sata 2280 will work on acer aspire 3 A315-41-R45R?
    Hi,
    Yes, 53 people have reported working.
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Aspire-A315-41/82076
  • LegionBeta
    LegionBeta Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2019
    I've bought an SSD M.2 SATA (VGEN) about 256GB, I puts on my acer A315-41 but the laptop can't detect the ssd. I've look from bios, from Windows and even new windows installation set up the ssd doesn't appear. How to fix this?

• Ideally you should create a new topic @LegionBeta. Also tell if ssd appears on the uefi-bios information tab.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer