Brand new sign-in required today. Chromebook 15 CB3-532

Options
Lauren66
Lauren66 Member Posts: 45 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Just a few minutes ago I had to go to each of my email accounts and accept the privacy stuff, etc., because of some new sign-in that they just came up with They stopped showing up until I did it. Does this mean that I now have to sign in under each of them and reset all the settings for each of them, or do they use the same settings as for my main account? They are suddenly being treated as though they are completely different people!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    I don't think so. Check here or ask on the Google forum. https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/6088201?hl=en

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Lauren66
    Options
    When you say that you don't think so, are you referring to resetting everything for each account, or them using the same settings as the primary account?
  • JackE
    Options
    As far as I know, you shouldn't have to reset everything unless you purposely want to --- or maybe accidentally --- add another separate chromebook user. I haven't heard about a new sign-in. Is it possible you might have inadvertently hit an 'ADD PERSON' button on the sign in screen? That would've led you to enter another email address and further instructions to set up a new chromebook user just like you did when you first got the machine. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Lauren66
    Options
    The only thing I had to add was the other two email accounts, and that gets done in gmail. I just checked settings under People and those 3 accounts are listed but they all have my name on them. I've had these email addresses for awhile and it was set up so that when I went to the inbox of one of them all I had to do was click my icon in the right corner and the other two would show up and I could click to go to them. They each had to be signed in to individually at the beginning, and they all have their own password, but once this notification came through yesterday only one of them would show up at a time. I had to sign in to each one, give the password, and then accept a privacy notice (or something - I didn't read it other than "Privacy"). Once I did that they showed up again at the same place they had been in gmail. And that's all they are - gmail addresses. 
  • JackE
    Options
    >>> but once this notification came through yesterday only one of them would show up at a time>>>

Sorry, I don't have a clue why this notice came up for you yesterday. I haven't heard anything about such a change. I think you should post a query as to why this new notice appeared yesterday to the google support group while the issue is still fresh for you. https://support.google.com/ .  Please let us know if you get any useful feedback to explain your situation. Jack E/ NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Lauren66
    Options
    Honestly, I'm over it. I have been on the phone to acer support about 2 hours over the past couple of days, with no positive outcome. And 2 hours with a level 2 Microsoft tech yesterday while they continue to try to figure out what they did to my Windows computer back in June. That tech is calling back on Tuesday but I'm finally listening to my son who has been asking me how much more energy and time I'm going to throw at a computer that they don't know how to fix. I'm through with MS and with Acer (and Google, too, I guess). I just want to start enjoying the Chromebook and stop trying to get them to explain things that THEY don't even understand. BTW, my son didn't get the new sign-in thing from Google either.
  • JackE
    Options
    Please! Microsoft can't help you with this. This is NOT  a Microsoft Windows operating system issue. This is NOT a WindowsBook. This is a Google Chrome operating system issue. This is a ChromeBook.  You're dealing with Google here and their sign in process. This is their support group link to ask them if there is a new Chrome sign in process. https://support.google.com/ .  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Lauren66
    Options
    Read my post again. I was not asking you for any help with my Windows computer. I was merely explaining why I am not going to take your suggestion and go looking elsewhere for information about the sign-in on the Chromebook by informing you that I have been hassling with MS issues on my Windows computer for a month and also with poor Acer support techs concerning Chromebook issues. I'm tired of all of it and I no longer care what the new sign-in was all about. Trust me - I know which computer is which.
  • JackE
    Options
    Sorry. I thought we were trying to resolve an ACER chromebook sign-in issue on the ACER chromebook forum. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Lauren66
    Options
    Is English your second language, Jack?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Lauren66, you were just a little ambiguous when you started talking about your issues with Microsoft tech support back in June... It's not surprising that Jack was confused why you'd be talking with Microsoft on a Chromebook issue. :)
    Have you gotten any response from the Google support link Jack gave in that second post?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Lauren66
    Options
    I really don't understand how either of you is interpreting what I said as me talking with MS about the Chromebook. In what universe does "2 hours with a level 2 Microsoft tech yesterday while they continue to try to figure out what they did to my Windows computer back in June" translate into me talking with them about the Chromebook that I've owned for 10 days? I'm sorry that I tried to explain my lack of interest in talking with ANY more tech support people or going to any more support groups thinking that I was going to get any sort of explanation about, or resolution to, issues with the Chromebook. I was just trying to be polite, since several of you took the time to try to help me with questions about the Chromebook and I felt that ignoring your suggestions without any explanation would be rude. TMI was apparently my big mistake here.

Billsey - No one in this group got the new sign-in, my son didn't get it, but I did for some reason. Google has their separate "accepted" privacy statement for all of my gmail addresses now and hopefully that has made them happy. I bookmarked the Google support page in case I have some issue in the future but I haven't been to it and don't plan on trying to find out about the new sign-in.