Aspire E1-572G microphone type

pajuhesh80
pajuhesh80 Member Posts: 39 Troubleshooter
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
The microphone of my laptop isn't working. The problem is from hardware and I think its wires are damaged so I want to replace it.
What type of microphone do I need? (Electret or...)

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,851 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

The mic troubleshooting section is shown below. If the wires check out OK, then google the mic part number 'CY100007P' for a replacement vendor convenient to you. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• pajuhesh80
    Answer ✓
    Microphone wire was damaged in hinge part. Replaced wire and now working well. thanks.

Answers

• JackE
    edited August 2019
    Right click on the speaker icon in the lower right tray. Click 'recording devices'. What do you see in the box? Click on properties, then levels and drag sliders all the way to right.  Post a screenshot if possible. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• pajuhesh80
    JackE said:
    Right click on the speaker icon in the lower right tray. Click 'recording devices'. What do you see in the box? Click on properties, then levels and drag sliders all the way to right.  Post a screenshot if possible. Jack E/NJ
    Thank you for reply, but I did all of these before. I opened my laptop, disconnected the microphone from the motherboard, turned on the laptop, and opened windows settings (Windows 10). In System> Sound there is a section (Test your microphone) that shows the environment sounds volume. While microphone socket is connected, it shows just a little noise; same as when socket is disconnected. but when i touch the microphone socket on motherboard (JMIC1) or apply a voltage using multimeter probes on it, the volume raises to the end of the bar. So the software and motherboard are OK and as I said, I just need to know the microphone type to buy a new one.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓

The mic troubleshooting section is shown below. If the wires check out OK, then google the mic part number 'CY100007P' for a replacement vendor convenient to you. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• pajuhesh80
    Answer ✓
    Microphone wire was damaged in hinge part. Replaced wire and now working well. thanks.
  • JackE
    Good job! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ