Battery Replacement on an Acer E5-575G-52RJ

Jouros
Jouros Member Posts: 10 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
So as my topic suggests I wanna replace my battery in my Acer E5-575G-52RJ. The Battery that's currently in it right now is long and skinny (image 1) but it looks like there's room for a bigger one (image 2) which I believe are for the E5-575G-53 Laptops. If I'm correct (please tell me if I'm wrong) its these two laptops have the body frame and battery connector its just the 575G-53 was more powerful then the E5-575G-52RJ? If so then I could put the larger battery in my laptop? the reason I'm looking to do this is the battery I currently have dies in about 2 and a half hours of use when not plugged in. When I get a chance ill get the Cover off my laptop again and get the part number off my Laptop battery as I'm sure that will help the most I've just been testing out my new AX wifi card I put in it and MAN does this thing fly with the new card in it and my TP Link Archer AX6000 Router.

Once I get my battery issue Fixed I plan to upgrade my ram to 32gigs, add an NVMe M.2 SSD and upgrade the display to an IPS High Color Gamut display. I know it probly seems like a lot and a waste of money but considering I only paid 200 for this laptop and it already had 16gigs of ram installed with a 1tb HDD in it its not to bad and wont cost much to upgrade it. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,850 Trailblazer
    E5-575G submodel batteries should be interchangeable irrespective of amp-hr capacities. However battery discharge rate is almost totally dependent on how much disk activity, CPU/GPU load, screen brightness, apps running etc at any one time. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Jouros
    Jouros Member Posts: 10 New User
    JackE said:
    E5-575G submodel batteries should be interchangeable irrespective of amp-hr capacities. However battery discharge rate is almost totally dependent on how much disk activity, CPU/GPU load, screen brightness, apps running etc at any one time. Jack E/NJ
    I understand that but im guessing theres a possability the bettery i currently have is going bad. So between that and having the larger battery would both help to a degree so its a plus on both ends. 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,443 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Yes, one is 4 cell battery and the larger one is 6 cell battery, both are compatible with your model.
    Part numbers for 4 cell batteries:
    KT.00405.001
    KT.0040G.007
    Part numbers for 6 cell batteries:
    KT.0060G.001
    KT.00605.002

• Core2
    Core2 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

4 cell is 14.4v, 6 cell is 11.1v - not sure how this would even work.
  • Deejay_tech
    Deejay_tech Member Posts: 356 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    if the ratd voltage of both the batteries are different, then you cannot use it.
    voltage should be the same.
    My personal Acer m/c's
    1) Gaming: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51
    Config:Core i5 8300H, 16GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1050ti GPU

2) Daily Use: Acer Aspire A315-53  59GR
    Config: Core i5 8250u, 8GB, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, IPS FHD 

3) Linux Learning: Acer Aspire A315-53 P4MY
    Config: Pentium Gold 4417U, 8 GB, 256 SSD, 500GB HDD.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,850 Trailblazer
    brummyfan2    is correct. On-board DC-DC converters allow the 4 and 6 cell part numbers to work on this model. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ