Are temperatures of 80 degrees normal under 15% load? (Acer nitro 7)

Aronsen
Aronsen Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have a brand new Acer Nitro 7 (15 inch, i7-9750H, 1660ti) and the cpu temperature is spiking between 65 up to 92 under 15% load with only firefox, premiere and spotify open. Premiere timeline included 2 clips, one 2,7k and one 1080p. Bottom half of the playback was glitchy until rendered in to out points. I closed everything and played rocket league for about 2 minutes and the temperature reached 68 and spiked to 95 under 35% load. Is this normal? Now with only firefox open the cpu temps are at a steady 48 and my other older laptop runs at 35.

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Those temperatures are normal and within range, Nitros are designed to run hot different CPU's and architecture run at different temperatures. The Intel CPU range is up to 100 deg c. My model runs most routine tasks such as browsing between 45 and 65 deg c. If your CPU heats up out of range the Laptop will throttle back to protect it. Please click YES if this answered your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Duong37
    Duong37 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Try undervolting. My cpu never reached 80 degress celsius while running stress tests