How to change Chromebook OS to Windows

Wandoe43
Wandoe43 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
i really cant do anything with the chrome OS and its not really helping me with all my class stuff in college

Answers

• Lauren66
    Lauren66 Member Posts: 45 Troubleshooter
    I'm new to them as well - less than 1 week - but I am encouraged by some of the youtube videos posted by people who own them (not by people who are comparing them to Windows). I was ready to take mine back and keep hoping that Microsoft would undo the damage they did with one of their updates but yesterday I really got excited about Chromebooks by watching a couple of good videos. What are you trying to do that you can't do?
  • chikachu
    chikachu Member Posts: 3 New User
    Another new Acer Chromebook owner here. To me, Chromebooks are just giant Android tablets with keyboards - and don't even come with touch screen - since I have a lower end model. It should be sufficient for word processing, spreadsheet, calendar/emails, and making presentation slides - following Software as a Service (SaaS) usage. If you prefer Microsoft platform, try Office 365 (just another SaaS) on the Chromebook first.

Light programming, such as bash scripts and Python3 both work well in Linux Terminal app for me.