How to install Intel HD Graphics latest without error

JohnCena
JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
So I receive an error while setting up new intel HD. I want to do because it supports WDDM 2.5, current version is 2.1. My current driver in Nvidia card supports 2.6 but I can't use it. Anyways, it says my computer manufactorer doesn't allow. I want to ask why and how can I pass this? I only want to use HDR. If I can't pass it, how can I use my Nvidia as primary?

Best Answer

• JohnCena
    Answer ✓
    I installed manually, looks like it's working fine for now...

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    A few things, What is your actual model number AN515-**. Next, the Intel update is only officially available through Acer because the Intel architecture in made specifically for Acer and the generic update will not work. What is the problem with your Nvidia GPU? because this is the preferred HD GPU, have you done a clean install of the latest Nvidia drivers? if not do so, then report back

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• JohnCena
    andylb said:
    A few things, What is your actual model number AN515-**. Next, the Intel update is only officially available through Acer because the Intel architecture in made specifically for Acer and the generic update will not work. What is the problem with your Nvidia GPU? because this is the preferred HD GPU, have you done a clean install of the latest Nvidia drivers? if not do so, then report back
    My model number is VX5-591G and I can't connect my monitor to Nvidia card it always shows Intel HD as my primary GPU. When I set run apps with Nvidia processor it still runs apps im intel HD except games.
  • JohnCena
    If I can make Nvidia my primary GPU, no need to update intel HD.

• JohnCena
    It can be seen in dxdiag as well, monitor is connected to intel HD.
  • JohnCena
    I updated via device manager and everything seems fine. One problem is I need WDDM 2.4 and it has 2.2.
  • JohnCena
    Answer ✓
    I installed manually, looks like it's working fine for now...