Acer Nitro 5 - Can anyone tell why the storage

Options
geolin
geolin Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2023 in Nitro Gaming
Can any one tell why the storage on ACER nitro 5 is less than my old ACER aspire when the nitro 5 is supposed to be better for gaming
 [Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Comments

• KRS719
    KRS719 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

To reduce costs and be competitive in the marketplace. It's not like their skimping out on the important things, like processor or gpu, but instead the consumer upgradable items that can be done anytime, or in my case, over time. I don't know which model you have, but mine for example has two empty slots to add two additional solid state hard drives, and thanks to this website, I know now which ones to buy!

• StevenGen
    Options

If you want full capacity drives the Nitro 5s have 2x M. 2 PCIe4x4 (for the latest Nitro 5s) and 1x 2.5" SATA 3 6GB/s mechanical of SSD drives provisions, which means that this laptop can have a total of 24TB (as you can't get bigger drivers than 8TB) plus whatever external drives you have for gaming or anything else. Installed drive space is a thing that every user has different options for, the Nitro 5s do come with M.2 1TB boot drives and a 2.5" drive also but you have to pay more.