Router question

Options
bsowles
bsowles Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have a new Chromebook but have an old router (802b).  I’m looking for advice on s a WiFi router that also has Ethernet port)s). There are times when I’m close to the router that I can just hardwire my chrome into the router. I can get an Ethernet/USB adapter- I think. Any suggestions on an inexpensive router that’s more current to today’s standards. Thank you 

Best Answer

Answers

• bsowles
    Options
    Regarding my initial post, am I looking for an 802.11n/ac to replace my 802.11b? Sorry I wasn’t more specific in my original post. I’m not well versed in this stuff and new here. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You have to check if your chromebook has support for the 5ghz band. What is the model of your chromebook?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • bsowles
    Options
    It’s either a model “N15Q9” or “N16Q10”
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The model is Cb5-312t-k8z9?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • bsowles
    Options
    Thank you for your replies Egy. Would you know if that model Chromebook can connect to a WiFi router with Ethernet ports via an Ethernet to USB 3.0 adapter cable and if so, any router you could recommend? Thank you again. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• bsowles
    Options
    Any idea if I can use a dual wireless router with this Chromebook. When I try to google the model number provided, all search results point to a machine different than mine. My monitor is 15.6 inch and is not a touchscreen, yet google searches for that model bring up a Chromebook with a smaller touchscreen. The model Egy posted for me matches what little paperwork I received, but the search results via google doesn’t match. I’m just st a loss because I want to look into accessories like a WiFi router. I’d like to get a dual router, but can’t tell if my Chromebook will connect at both 2.4 and 5.0. The Acer support line was no help, thanks 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The model is Cb5-312t-k8z9?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer