3 week old Predator P03_600 running extremely loud during game play

f1ank3d
f1ank3d Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
Hey guys wondering if this is normal ?   like above gameplay sound loud ... constantly.   driving me mad! 

Predator P03 - 600 Series
- no mods 
- playing WOW on medium graphics.
- nothing else running.  
- is not the cpu fans and cannot control through Pred Sense 

advice ? 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,444 Trailblazer
    What do you mean by 'above gameplay sound loud" Above what? Why can't you simply turn it down from the tray? This kind of audio volume behavior is a function of the software being use, not the hardware.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• f1ank3d
    Jack,  the unit itself, whilst playing world of Warcraft on extremely low graphic settings, or any game for that matter.  Is so loud you can hear it over game sounds inside a headset.    The temps of the components monitored by pred sense are absolutely fine, yet it sounds like it’s overclocked in overdrive and about to take off!  

What’s this turn it down in the tray business?
  • JackE
    The speaker icon in the lower right hand corner of the screen. To the left of where the clock/date is displayed. Click on the speaker icon and turn its volume slider down. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• f1ank3d
    JackE said:
    The speaker icon in the lower right hand corner of the screen. To the left of where the clock/date is displayed. Click on the speaker icon and turn its volume slider down. Jack E/NJ
    I think you completely misunderstand ... this is GPU fan/ system noise ... no game volume 😐
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    Yeah, you have quite a bit of noise there. Have you run any monitors that show the temps? Could be CPU, GPU or case fans running fast. Also verify the fns aren't getting clogged with dust, especially the CPU fan/heat sink.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    Too loud for a new machine. Don't delay. Return it to the vendor ASAP for an exchange or refund before the vendor's RMA period expires. ACER warranty service will take longer. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ