Speaker volume CB3-532-108H

Lauren66
Lauren66 Member Posts: 45 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I just bought an Acer model number CB3-532-108H less than 24 hours ago and the speaker volume is very poor. Before buying external speakers, as suggested by my son, I'm wondering if there is a model I could upgrade to that would offer more volume or if all of the Chromebook speakers are the same. Tech support suggested asking the Acer store, and they suggested asking this community for the answer. I'm not sure how any of you are supposed to know the answer if Acer doesn't but it doesn't hurt to ask. I stream movies and listen to music and I can't do either without sitting right in front of the Chromebook. This is a deal-breaker for me. Obviously I don't want to spend several hundred dollars more just for more volume but if I could fix this without buying external equipment I would rather do it that way. Thanks for your suggestions.  

Best Answers

• Lauren66
    Answer ✓
    Okay . . . I'm only willing to admit I'm this stupid because when I called to tell my son I had fixed the problem he admitted that he and two others had a problem with a touch screen, called for support, got nowhere, and finally figured it out. He told me to post this because he's certain that at some point the information will be useful to someone else. The speakers are a lot louder without the pieces of plastic that were covering them! That's it. That's the answer that tech support didn't bother to consider, or the Acer store, or me until a few minutes ago. Oops.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Heheh, that's the type of answer that leaves a hand print on your forehead!
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Lauren66
    Actually, I just tried Netflix and youtube and the volume doesn't seem too bad to me this morning - maybe I was just tired and stressed because my Windows computer wouldn't even turn on yesterday morning after 2 months of daily crashes and many different stopcodes (thanks, Bill), hence the Chromebook - but the quality of the sound is very tinny. Am I expecting too much of a Chromebook? 
  • Lauren66
    Answer ✓
    Okay . . . I'm only willing to admit I'm this stupid because when I called to tell my son I had fixed the problem he admitted that he and two others had a problem with a touch screen, called for support, got nowhere, and finally figured it out. He told me to post this because he's certain that at some point the information will be useful to someone else. The speakers are a lot louder without the pieces of plastic that were covering them! That's it. That's the answer that tech support didn't bother to consider, or the Acer store, or me until a few minutes ago. Oops.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Heheh, that's the type of answer that leaves a hand print on your forehead!
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.