My Predator Helios 500 won't charge

Options
Armadoodle
Armadoodle Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
It's a PH5-61-R0GX.
I've had this laptop for a little less than a month and I just moved it to a dorm. I plugged it in once and it was charging fine, but after I unplugged it to rearrange some wires, I heard a singular beep. The laptop no longer charges. 
I have tried restarting it both while the cable is unplugged and plugged. I held the power button down for 15 seconds for a battery reset but I'm not sure if it worked. My issue was not fixed. Any suggestions would be great.

Best Answer

• Armadoodle

Tinkerer

edited August 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    This did not work for me. Is there anything else I can do?
    EDIT:
    I AM THE BIGGEST FOOL ON EARTH. The two parts of the power cord were not connected. Thanks so much for your time :'u

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried resetting the battery as per this video?
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Armadoodle

Tinkerer

Options
    I have not. I forgot my screwdriver when I moved in so I've been unable to remove the back. Unless I'm mistaken, I'll need to do that before I can reach the hole on my model.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Check this screenshot:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Armadoodle

Tinkerer

edited August 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    This did not work for me. Is there anything else I can do?
    EDIT:
    I AM THE BIGGEST FOOL ON EARTH. The two parts of the power cord were not connected. Thanks so much for your time :'u
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    lol! Glad you managed to solve this problem.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer