How much space do I have for a GPU in a Acer Predator G3-605?

EinWildesPanda
EinWildesPanda Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
Hello,
I just wanted to ask, how much space I'd have for a new GPU? And if a Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 would fit?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning EinWildesPanda !

This series has different arrangement offices internally which may vary by country and region.
    I suggest you open the lid and check the internal space you have and just perform a handheld measurement according to the size of GPU you want to install.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• EinWildesPanda
    Well I measured it, but I (as a professional dumbass) forgot to measure the height. Now I'm not really sure about the clearance of the GPU close to the drivecage (mainly because of the strange bar thingy that is sticking out)
    I'm also sorry, if my english sucks again, I'm really tired and just realised that I forgot to answer.
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    There is nothing to be sorry for.
    Just watch out for the questions I raised and I believe everything will go well.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• I also suggest you check this one as it is very likely that you will have to replace the power supply: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/568004/acer-predator-g3-605-with-sapphire-radeon-rx580-8gb
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • EinWildesPanda
    Well, as far as I remember, the PSU has a wattage of 500W and is 80+ Gold certified.