Anyway to get cpu temps down ive tried many things.

Options
Timingplanet
Timingplanet Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have acer nitro 5 intel i5
Ive changed thermal paste to arctic silver 5 from another post and i feel like it hasnt changed. Ive tried under volting that barely did anything yet i can unplug my laptop and the cpu cools down instantly i want to know what i can do to get that same affect and keep preformance. If anyone has any suggestions throw them my way!

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Well when you unplug your CPU cuts back by half so there's your temperature drop. Other than what you've done you can use a powered cooling mat. Nitro 5 series is designed to run hot, up to 90 deg C. Hope this helps

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Timingplanet
    Timingplanet Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    andylb said:
    Well when you unplug your CPU cuts back by half so there's your temperature drop. Other than what you've done you can use a powered cooling mat. Nitro 5 series is designed to run hot, up to 90 deg C. Hope this helps
    It has gotten up to 96C playing atlas
  • B4ttleSky
    B4ttleSky Member Posts: 136 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    I have acer nitro 5 intel i5
    Ive changed thermal paste to arctic silver 5 from another post and i feel like it hasnt changed. Ive tried under volting that barely did anything yet i can unplug my laptop and the cpu cools down instantly i want to know what i can do to get that same affect and keep preformance. If anyone has any suggestions throw them my way!
    just raise the laptops height so there is easy airflow and ur temperature will drop significantly.