Bluetooth chromebook Spin 311

maari
maari Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Yesterday bought a chromebook Spin 311. Bluetooth doesn't work good. He says connected but the audio still plays on chromebook. At the speaker icon no setting is to be seen to switch audio from device to bluetooth.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,444 Trailblazer
    You probably just need to update the Chromebook system. Follow these steps. Select time in the right tray. Select settings icon. Select menu and choose "about Chrome". Select 'check for updates'. Update should auto install. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• maari
    JackE said:
    You probably just need to update the Chromebook system. Follow these steps. Select time in the right tray. Select settings icon. Select menu and choose "about Chrome". Select 'check for updates'. Update should auto install. Jack E/NJ

Checked that but It has the latest updates.
  • JackE
    I suggest you first try to shutdown and restart both the chromebook and the BT speakers. If still no joy, then as a last resort you may want to install the beta ChromeOS version that seemed to be successful  for the ValerieSimonLewis ACER chromebook user on this link. https://support.google.com/chromebook/thread/1706770?hl=en   

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• maari
    thx, tried another BT receiver that works fine. So I ´m doubting.
  • JackE
    BT receiver? Do you mean another BT speaker audio receiver? Or another BT laptop audio transmitter with a Chrome operating system?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• IvorTollah
    IvorTollah Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
    Bluetooth seems to be an issue on Chrome OS. Some devices work fine while others will either not connect or not play audio on the same device. I have had this exact same issue with 3 different sets of earbuds which don't work on my chromebook yet other bluetooth devices work perfectly. I hate to say it but there doesn't seem to be any solution available right now, but its something that might be sorted out in future updates.
  • maari
    JackE said:
    BT receiver? Do you mean another BT speaker audio receiver? Or another BT laptop audio transmitter with a Chrome operating system?  Jack E/NJ
    Another BlueTooth receiver adapter connected to an amplifier. This one works fine with the chromebook. Apperently not all BT devices work, what makes the difference? I'll wait for the Chromebook updates. At this thime for me the problem is solved. 
  • JackE
    Good for you! And thanks for your comments IvorTollah
      If you're adventuresome you could try the beta ChromeOS version mentioned earlier
    https://support.google.com/chromebook/thread/1706770?hl=en   

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ