Acer A515-51G Firmware update not working (not happens when trying to extract)

Ghostbuster
Ghostbuster Member Posts: 8 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello everyone!

I facing this problem I tried a LOT of things but nothing seems to work.

I downloaded the firmware update from acer support "C5V01202.exe". When I execute it, it only loads and then closes. I mean no window at all opens, it doesnt extract too (I checked TEMP FOLDER).
I used 7zip do extract the C5V01202, but isflash.bin is not there. I have installed everything that I can and nothing seems to work. In the windows report there is this::

and this:::

I also tried Process Monitor but I couldn't find anything useful for this problem. Anyone know how to solve this ? Thanks.

Best Answer

• Ghostbuster
    Answer ✓
    Can you enter the exact model of the notebook? Example a515-51g-c97b. I have the impression that you upgraded from version 1.xx to version 2.xx and are now having problems with the video card, right?
    Thanks for your help, bro. But I solved the puzzle.

To solve this error (or lack of it) install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86):
    Thanks for everyone who tried to help.  =) 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    what's your actual BIOS version?
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Ghostbuster
    IronFly said:
    what's your actual BIOS version?
    Theoretically is the same I am trying to install. But nothing happens when I try to install an older version. The strange part here is that NOTHING happens, I mean it should at least extract the files to temp... Or something like this.. Give some error.. I don't know.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    any antivirus installed?
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Deejay_tech
    Deejay_tech Member Posts: 356 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    re download the file again from acer site.
    My personal Acer m/c's
    1) Gaming: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51
    Config:Core i5 8300H, 16GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1050ti GPU

2) Daily Use: Acer Aspire A315-53  59GR
    Config: Core i5 8250u, 8GB, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, IPS FHD 

3) Linux Learning: Acer Aspire A315-53 P4MY
    Config: Pentium Gold 4417U, 8 GB, 256 SSD, 500GB HDD.
  • Ghostbuster
    IronFly said:
    any antivirus installed?
    Only Window's antivirus and deactivated the real-time protection.

re download the file again from acer site.
    Already tried.

I'm still trying. If i get something useful I post it here.
  • Deejay_tech
    according to you which files are missing in the extracted bios file. 1 you mentioned is isflash.bin, anyother files ?
    My personal Acer m/c's

• Ghostbuster
    according to you which files are missing in the extracted bios file. 1 you mentioned is isflash.bin, anyother files ?
    I saw it in process monitor (H2OFFT-W.exe), trying to access this file. And it not exists anywhere. 
    I saw inside of C5V01202.exe the commands of 7z Sfx "@Install"..

"""
    RunProgram="H2OFFT-W.exe -sfx7z %%S execApp "Protect="no"DosBiosName="isflash.bin"
    """

I believe that is may extract this isflash.bin, but I can't find it anywhere.
  • Are you trying to upgrade or trying to downgrade uefi?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ghostbuster
    Are you trying to upgrade or trying to downgrade uefi?
    Actually I'm trying to reinstall the firmware, flash it again.. just a security matter.
  • Deejay_tech
    I saw it in process monitor (H2OFFT-W.exe), trying to access this file. And it not exists anywhere. 

"""
    RunProgram="H2OFFT-W.exe -sfx7z %%S execApp "
    Protect="no"
    DosBiosName="isflash.bin"
    """

dont run H2OFFT-W.exe from within 7zip.
    first extract all files to a folder , and from within that folder run 
    H2OFFT-W.exe
    My personal Acer m/c's

• Can you enter the exact model of the notebook? Example a515-51g-c97b. I have the impression that you upgraded from version 1.xx to version 2.xx and are now having problems with the video card, right?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ghostbuster

"""
    RunProgram="H2OFFT-W.exe -sfx7z %%S execApp "
    Protect="no"
    DosBiosName="isflash.bin"
    """

dont run H2OFFT-W.exe from within 7zip.
    first extract all files to a folder , and from within that folder run H2OFFT-W.exe
    I already tried. It gives me "File CANNOT BE FOUND" message. Analysing in process monitor I can see that it trying to access isflash.bin.
    I don't know exactly why this message is showing up. Trying to find out.
  • Can you enter the exact model of the notebook? Example a515-51g-c97b. I have the impression that you upgraded from version 1.xx to version 2.xx and are now having problems with the video card, right?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ghostbuster
    Answer ✓
    Can you enter the exact model of the notebook? Example a515-51g-c97b. I have the impression that you upgraded from version 1.xx to version 2.xx and are now having problems with the video card, right?
    Thanks for your help, bro. But I solved the puzzle.

To solve this error (or lack of it) install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86):
    Thanks for everyone who tried to help.  =) 
  • Even so, it would be interesting that you get the exact model of your notebook, as version 2.02 is only for some video cards of certain models.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ghostbuster
    Even so, it would be interesting that you get the exact model of your notebook, as version 2.02 is only for some video cards of certain models.
    I put the model in the title of the topic. It's an Acer A515-51G.  ;)
  • OK! But this is the default model. The correct model for example would be a515-51g-c97b as there are several versions of the a515-51g model.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer