How to reduce fan speed below 1800 rpm?

Mandupizza
Mandupizza Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

PH315-52-78VL

The fan speed is around 1980-2080 rpm with daily use. I feel the noise is still not quite. I saw the fan speed reached 1780 rpm (below 1800 rpm) and felt it is quite. But the speed increases to 1980 rpm.
Can I fix or control the fan speed? I tried to reduce CPU clock(or frequency) by reduce power but it is not working.

Best Answer

• Tegulf
    Tegulf Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    On the helios 700 i think they are able to set different fan curve profiles.  I have messaged the acer team that they need to implement a silent mode or something for the helios. For us that just want to do light browsing or use it at school.
    I suggest you message acer aswell and if a lot of people do it they will hopefully implement it.

The helios 500 or 700 have a silent mode iv heard

Answers

• belik
    belik Member Posts: 397 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    More noise comes from another gpu/cpu fan which does 2200-2500, anyway you can’t reduce speed of any
  • Mandupizza
    I turned off GPU(1660Ti, the fan is also off)  but it did not change. After sleep mode, the fan speed is 1740 rpm for CPU. At that time, fan is quite. 
    If I use any program like Chrome, the fan speed is up to 2000 rpm. 
  • belik
    belik Member Posts: 397 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited August 2019
    Gpu fan can’t be stopped, it’s always on, you can probably see its rpm as -- on monitoring tab of PredSense but it’s wrong reading. What’s your readings of gpu fan on tabs on Home or fan control?
    You can also check fan noise by your ear and from the right side of laptop it will be always louder (where gpu fan is)

As for fan control, all other predator models like previos gen helios, triton 500 allows to stop fans. But not the latest Helios 300.
  • Tegulf
    Tegulf Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    On the helios 700 i think they are able to set different fan curve profiles.  I have messaged the acer team that they need to implement a silent mode or something for the helios. For us that just want to do light browsing or use it at school.
    I suggest you message acer aswell and if a lot of people do it they will hopefully implement it.

The helios 500 or 700 have a silent mode iv heard

• Mandupizza
    Belik) I thought GPU fan stopped when I turn off GPU on device manager. Although the fan speed was not displayed on PredSense, the fan might be spinning  as you said. I think the fan speed maybe drop slightly or stop when I turn off GPU. 
    Anyway, thanks.
    Tegulf) As you suggest, I will message the acer team. Thanks
  • Jhjh6980
    Jhjh6980 Member Posts: 78 Devotee WiFi Icon
    I bought a Helios 300 PH317-53-72P5 and i have same problem fans nevers stop even on ilde and cool temp.
    how  to message acer team for put more fan control on predator sense ?